What products have caused you to become a snob?

Isn't grosgrain ribbon like 15x thinner than snare cord? Logic tells me that thinner is better to get the wires on the head fully

What are the advantages of cord again?

Cord has 2 points of tension. Two holes. Straps spread that out and use the slot. Straps are easier to get in the butt strap plate because you can push them.

Getting the wires as close to the reso head as possible is the real reason I like nettles too.
the ribbon has always centered up better for me and sat flatter. Cleaner and easier to deal with too. I have noticed a tonal difference, mainly in sympathetic buzz, so it’s where I’ve stayed.

DW9000 kick pedal. Pull it out at a gig and everyone on stage takes notice - "this drummer means business" LOL

The 4-legged hydraulic DW throne also has this effect. It's a warning shot across the bow that I mean business and to be on your game!

Drum rack, mines a beater I got off a musician that sold his set during the quarantine, but man just the word makes me feel smarmy... Rack, definitely took my kit to a whole other level, really shows off all the do dahs and thing ma jigs I collected over the years.

I wouldn't say a snob, but I first heard Paiste cymbals as a beginner and in all this time I still haven't found cymbals I would rather have on my set. It's not that I don't like other brands, but for a perfect example: In a shop full of Sabians, which I was hitting without looking at the labels, I still ended up liking the one Paiste on the shelf the most (and subsequently bought it).

I wouldn't say a snob, but I first heard Paiste cymbals as a beginner and in all this time I still haven't found cymbals I would rather have on my set. It's not that I don't like other brands, but for a perfect example: In a shop full of Sabians, which I was hitting without looking at the labels, I still ended up liking the one Paiste on the shelf the most (and subsequently bought it).
This is S.O.P. for Paiste players.

Back