What kind of crash Cymbals is butch Trucks using here?

DB7

Zildjians I know......I get the K in the middle But the two on each end? A are they armands?

Can't really see it, but judging from the sizes he ride appears the be a 21" A Sweet Ride and the lettering on the others suggests Armands. But can't read it due to the resolution of the video.

Reactions: DB7
I believe they only make the 19" Beautiful Baby Ride and discontinued all other models. Heard Simon Phillips say in a YouTube video (below) where he says the don't make them anymore. They now make only those for him and slap an A Zildjian stamp on it apparently.

And they do sound amazing! Was really tempted to get the 19" ride until i saw the price haha

Reactions: DB7
They do sound good dont they!? I bought a full set of Zildjian K Cymbals and I love the Hi Hats and the Ride. But the crashes sound too heavy....I prefer more of a washy brighter tone. These sounded perfect in the video. Going to keep an aye out for some used.

They do sound good dont they!? I bought a full set of Zildjian K Cymbals and I love the Hi Hats and the Ride. But the crashes sound too heavy....I prefer more of a washy brighter tone. These sounded perfect in the video. Going to keep an aye out for some used.

Try K-Custom Dark crashes. I have an 18 and my other crash is a 19" K Dark Thin. It's an inch bigger so it is lower in pitch, but i can hear the difference between the two lines. The 19" K Dark Thin i have sounds full and fills up a broad spectrum when you hit it or crashride it. The K Custom is more piercing and has a quicker decay, i almost dare say that is has brilliant undertones although it being a natural finish cymbal.
I like the bigger A Zildjian model crashes, but compared to the K and K Custom sound a bit 'dull' to me.

Those look like Medium Thin Crashes before the A’s were redesigned in 2013. From the ink and sound, I’d guess that’s also a Ping Ride.
I think your right. I saw a used like new A medium thin on reverb for a good price. The lettering looked the same. I snatched it up, a 20".......hope it sounds close.(y)

Last edited:
Back