What do drummers wish more accordion players knew?

Bermuda? Bermuda?

I played with one once!
I didn't know a few of the songs so they said "just follow my lead" and what a nightmare trying to do that. The time was all over the place.
I think they were a solo piano lounge act as well.

More Zeppelin songs, less Slayer. Enough with the accordion Slayer covers.

I started my musical career playing accordion . My father was/is a very accomplished Accordion player . Even at 5 years old , I did not think the instrument was very cool. My Mom took pity on me and suggested to my father that it would be better if I took up an instrument where I could play along with him . This is how I became a drummer .
I do wish I had kept up my keyboard studies whither it be on the accordion or piano (I took lessons as a teen).

I started my musical career playing accordion . My father was/is a very accomplished Accordion player .
How funny, same here! At age 7 or 8, I had a (rented) 12-bass child's accordion and the Palmer-Hughes Accordion Method book 1 and I think I got into book 2 a little. I made a hard switch to drums just after my 9th birthday. I still have my father's accordion from the '40s or '50s, and it still works! I can (badly) play part of one of the songs from one of those books. I picked up Al's accordion at some point and played that, and he didn't know what to say!

I went downtown to pay a ticket once, and parked around the block from the court house with my accordion in the back seat. After walking half way, I realized I left the car unlocked, so I ran back. But it was too late, there were already two more accordions in the back seat.

How funny, same here! At age 7 or 8, I had a (rented) 12-bass child's accordion and the Palmer-Hughes Accordion Method book 1 and I think I got into book 2 a little. I made a hard switch to drums just after my 9th birthday. I still have my father's accordion from the '40s or '50s, and it still works! I can (badly) play part of one of the songs from one of those books. I picked up Al's accordion at some point and played that, and he didn't know what to say!
The truth accordion to @bermuda:unsure: 😁 Serious props to @bermuda and @RickP for smashing it on the accordion. I’m waiting for the trouser trumpet thread… :unsure: 😂 (y)

I'm from Minnesota, which used to have more polka bands that anywhere on earth. I even played in the Whoppee John big band for a while. Most accordian players have shit time. The worst. I've even stopped playing when one of them gets to scrambled. I mean, what's the point?

I started my musical career playing accordion . My father was/is a very accomplished Accordion player . Even at 5 years old , I did not think the instrument was very cool. My Mom took pity on me and suggested to my father that it would be better if I took up an instrument where I could play along with him . This is how I became a drummer .
I do wish I had kept up my keyboard studies whither it be on the accordion or piano (I took lessons as a teen).

Ah yes , the accordion! I was forced into lessons as a kid ( 11-12) after already playing clarinet and other woodwinds . I may have stuck with it ( wish I did) if the teacher wasn’t 100 years old, looked like Abe Vigoda and smelled heavily of old spice and mothballs 🤢🤑🤮.

Last edited:
That the accordion will replace the guitar in all forms of music titled 'metal'...except 'shoe gaze' metal...as the accordion tends to block your view of your own shoes...so...yeah...

Its just a matter of time and the world is theirs Arne!!

That an accordion can be used as pretty good firewood in the wintertime... 😄🔥

jk, I don't know what I'm doing here, I'll find my way out...

Last edited:
I wish they would just put it down..

Put. It. Down.

and walk away

Back