What are you listening to right now?

The afternoon jazz for today is by saxophonist Kenny Garrett (the better Kenny G) - Songbook, featuring drummer Jeff "Tain" Watts. Peace and goodwill.

Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime got me home today

studying the pause/resolution of a song

The Carter Family
Single Girl, Married Girl
Great composition! Turns back home like walking away from your wedding alter.

Ben Abraham and Sara Bareilles
This Is On Me
Piano line makes the same sharp turned return. Very effective. Very well rooted to the tonic.

...now, how would I apply drums to improve the song?...or is drum silence the best I can do?(not that selecting silence is a bad choice)

...how I practice anymore...

Last edited:
The afternoon jazz for today is by Kenny Garrett- Sounds of the Ancestors. Peace and goodwill.

The afternoon jazz for today is by Jimmy Greene (sax player) - Forever, featuring Jeff "Tain" Watts on drums. Peace and goodwill.

Hmmm, I heard bits and pieces of a few songs in there!
Thanks for the walk down memory lane, btw. Haven't seen/heard that one since I was a kid.

Shades of my youth! I remember when my mom had that album. 1978...

I'd like a do-over, please.

Speaking of nostalgia, I've been on a major 80s Euro kick lately:

The afternoon jazz for today is by the Jimmy Greene Quartet - Live at Smalls, featuring the drumming of Gregory Hutchinson. Peace and goodwill.

Shades of my youth! I remember when my mom had that album. 1978...

I'd like a do-over, please.

Speaking of nostalgia, I've been on a major 80s Euro kick lately:

I bought that Jimmy Buffet album when I was in high school. Livingston Saturday Night was the big single. It was all over the radio back then.
Squeeze. Nice selection. I remember LOVING Pulling Mussels from a Shell, when I was in high school, too....

The afternoon jazz for today is by Jimmy Greene (again) - While Looking Up, featuring the drumming of Kendrick Scott. Peace and goodwill.

Back