What are you listening to right now?

This is what reggae dub is all about, dancing with 300 good vibe people ,where the spliff keeps coming ,passing hands and everyone one doing the jump ting. Miss them nites in London back in early 90s. Only a red light ,for the dance floor. Respect to real DUB.

Today's jazz /fusion for 7/16/2022 is by Yellowjackets - Cohearence, featuring the great William Kennedy on drums. Peace and goodwill.

Guitar countryish stuff I might be able to pull off singing and playing at jam parties. Feathered Indians.

InnerUrge.jpg

With Elvin Jones on drums (and there's something wrong in a drum forum when Sean Rickman is talked more about in a 24-hour span than Elvin Jones).

I have been listening to old Bee Gee's, ABBA and stuff like that for some reason.
Van Halen 2, Rainbow, Scorpions Tokyo Tapes, Steely Dan....
I also like this old Herb Alpert "Taste Of Honey" album I have.
I popped in some Laurie Anderson a couple days ago too.
LOVE Rainbow. I’ve never seen a band do any of their songs post Dio

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I never seem to be ACTUALLY listening to anything when I come across this thread... but on my current rotation is:
Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath
Psycroptic - Scepter of the ancients
Arthur Brown - The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
Cloudkicker - The Discovery

And obsessively listening to demos of myself and my bands that I'm constantly recording, they're never quite good enough, gets me down. But I'll keep at it!

I will give a nod to King Crimson too, only recently discovered them,,, really dig. gotta chuck some more of that back up on my mp3 player.
Many are the musicians who are tooo hard on themselves.

Back