What are you listening to right now?

We all know this song, right?...

...did you know that the song was basically a recorded jam between Zeppelin and Ian Stewart of Rolling Stones fame?
Zeppelin was recording at Headley Grange and using The Rolling Stones mobile recording studio. Stewart was there to oversee things and found an old piano and started playing on it. Page followed on mandolin and Plant actually played guitar on that song.
The lyrics Plant sings are basically the lyrics to a Richie Valens song called Ooh My Head.
Check it out....

The jam, which was originally recorded in 1971, was never meant to be released but was eventually used to help fill the double album Physical Graffiti.
In order to help honor the role Richie Valens played in that song, his mother was given co-composing credit, thus allowing her to receive royalties for any sales that were associated with that song.

Last edited:
This kid. Amazing.

Who can name this album from the liner photo? Couple of hints: it’s from the mid 70’s with Steve Bass playing drums on all but one of the eleven tracts. No cheating chaps.

Attachments

• 49564156-105E-4065-8AD4-965E796B06DC.jpeg
    49564156-105E-4065-8AD4-965E796B06DC.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 7
snap! got it on original pressing and as a re-issue :) seen them live as well last year (before everything went ass up!)
I've never had the pleasure of seeing them live.
I still have the Floodland LP that I bought in college when it first came out. I believe I have Vision Thing as well.
No idea if they are original pressings.

Back