What are you eating right now.

My need for food has really plumetted.

Coffee or tea, eggs, toast and butter in the front part of the day and if my wife cooks dinner I have dinner.

If no dinner, then I just graze. I like to intermittent fast for 14 hours on most days.

AG1 is way over priced, but it has a very wide range of ingredients. Taste is not great: it contains lecithin for phosphatidvicholine and phosphatidulinositol, but I don’t think it helps the flavor. It also contains Lactobacillus acidophilus.

I think its “athletic“ marketing is BS. Back when I was an athlete, I consumed everything except foods high in sugar. As directed by my coach and nutrition consultant.

I’ve been looking around at other “green dust” products but I haven’t yet found one with the variety of ingredients AG1 has.

My wife has never had a great morning routine and I finally got her to try my cocktail. Once she got over the taste, she realized it normalized her gut and blood sugar. Now she gladly drinks it.

The best side benefit is not having to think about breakfast. This cocktail is easy, fast and portable.

so do you mix all fo that in a blender and drink?

I might substitute the Kachava for the AG1....

Never figured out how you eat a stack like that.
Dislocate lower jaw, python style?

yeah...in my 20's I would eat 2 of those, no problem. Would use knife and fork

Now? It hurts to just look at it

so do you mix all fo that in a blender and drink?

I might substitute the Kachava for the AG1....
In that plastic shaker bottle:
3 oz. water
2 tbsp. Flaxmeal
1 tbsp. Oat bran
1 scoop AG1
11 oz. V8 juice

Shake well & drink.
The shaker bottle rinses clean under hot water. No need for suds or the dishwasher.

When I work on location (you prolly travel for your job too, band master), I pre-measure the flaxmeal and oat bran and stash it in a zip loc bag, and buy v8 juice wherever I’m at.

At one of the Pueblo Tribal Reservations for annual Pow Wow - tonight is mountain smoke gatherings followed by peyote ceremony.

Before that I stopped by a favorite stand of ours for Indigenous or ‘Indian’ Taco which is taco fixings smothered in green or red chili over fry bread, I mostly go green.
IMG_6797.jpeg

In that plastic shaker bottle:
3 oz. water
2 tbsp. Flaxmeal
1 tbsp. Oat bran
1 scoop AG1
11 oz. V8 juice

Shake well & drink.
The shaker bottle rinses clean under hot water. No need for suds or the dishwasher.

When I work on location (you prolly travel for your job too, band master), I pre-measure the flaxmeal and oat bran and stash it in a zip loc bag, and buy v8 juice wherever I’m at.

cool..thanks!!

I will probably also pre measure the night before as well

I made my wife and I some double decker tacos (soft flour tortillas stacked with fresh baked corn tortillas stuck together with cheese and spicy orange sauce) filled with plant based 'chicken', sauteed poblano, cubanelle peppers, and sweet onions, topped with a fresh made slaw of cabbage, carrot, cucumber, celery, minced garlic, and fresh made mayo and oil dressing.

What a frikkin hectic day after work. Hair cut..went to hyvee..gas...cooked up some grass fed beef hot dogs..boiled. Dipped in mustard no bread. Donkey brand no gluten tortilla chips and donkey brand salsa. Carrot and tumuric kombucha to drink. For dessert..which is super rare I had 4 dates.

I made my wife and I some double decker tacos (soft flour tortillas stacked with fresh baked corn tortillas stuck together with cheese and spicy orange sauce) filled with plant based 'chicken', sauteed poblano, cubanelle peppers, and sweet onions, topped with a fresh made slaw of cabbage, carrot, cucumber, celery, minced garlic, and fresh made mayo and oil dressing.

I will be stealing that slaw recipe, thank you!!!

I will be stealing that slaw recipe, thank you!!!
It's super quick and easy, maybe not the most healthy but delicious nonetheless. These are all rough numbers as I kinda eyeballed it and adjusted as I went. Mix everything really well:

1 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 mini cucumber diced fine
1 celery stalk diced fine
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup mayo
1-2 tablespoons spicy mustard
2 tablespoons oil (or oil based dressing, balsamic vinaigrette gives a nice kick)
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 nice Emeril BAM each of salt, sugar, black pepper (I also added a little paprika and cilantro since I was putting it on tacos)

This isn't a set in stone recipe, it can really be tweaked a number of ways. You can remove the mustard if you like, you can add/remove whatever seasonings you like, you can add teriyaki and sesame seeds for more of an Asian fusion slaw, etc. It does help to hold back maybe 1/4 of the cabbage to mix in at the end, I just found that makes it easier to get a nice even mix since the cabbage is the bulk. The dash of salt and sugar are absolutely necessary flavor wise, the sugar gives a sweet balance and the salt really helps all of the different flavors pop. To quote my wife "this slaw is effin' banging!" Lol

If you follow the above how I outlined it you will have a very flavorful and moist slaw but it should have some 'grab' and shouldn't be watery or drippy like cheap premade slaw. If you include veggie prep this should take you 5-10 minutes tops. It's wonderful as a refreshing spring/summer side as well as a topping. I make something like the above very frequently but I'll tweak it a bit depending on what I have on hand and what flavor profile I'm trying to compliment. This is definitely one of those "a little of whatever I've got left over" things.
Cheers!

Soup made with chicken/cilantro wontons, vegetable broth, raw garlic, and Zhoug Sauce.
If you like cilantro it's amazing.

I smoked my bi-annual chicken today for Mother's Day. I brined it, put a nice rub on it, and then basted it during the smoking process. Best one I've ever done. Soooooo tender, flavorful and juicy. Delicious!

Attachments

• 20230514_181659.jpg
    20230514_181659.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 1
It's super quick and easy, maybe not the most healthy but delicious nonetheless. These are all rough numbers as I kinda eyeballed it and adjusted as I went. Mix everything really well:

1 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 mini cucumber diced fine
1 celery stalk diced fine
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup mayo
1-2 tablespoons spicy mustard
2 tablespoons oil (or oil based dressing, balsamic vinaigrette gives a nice kick)
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 nice Emeril BAM each of salt, sugar, black pepper (I also added a little paprika and cilantro since I was putting it on tacos)

This isn't a set in stone recipe, it can really be tweaked a number of ways. You can remove the mustard if you like, you can add/remove whatever seasonings you like, you can add teriyaki and sesame seeds for more of an Asian fusion slaw, etc. It does help to hold back maybe 1/4 of the cabbage to mix in at the end, I just found that makes it easier to get a nice even mix since the cabbage is the bulk. The dash of salt and sugar are absolutely necessary flavor wise, the sugar gives a sweet balance and the salt really helps all of the different flavors pop. To quote my wife "this slaw is effin' banging!" Lol

If you follow the above how I outlined it you will have a very flavorful and moist slaw but it should have some 'grab' and shouldn't be watery or drippy like cheap premade slaw. If you include veggie prep this should take you 5-10 minutes tops. It's wonderful as a refreshing spring/summer side as well as a topping. I make something like the above very frequently but I'll tweak it a bit depending on what I have on hand and what flavor profile I'm trying to compliment. This is definitely one of those "a little of whatever I've got left over" things.
Cheers!

awesome!!!

and my whole idea of cooking is "eyeballing it"...I rarely follow measurements...which is why I can't bake

and I still think we need to start a 'DrummerWorld" cookbook....

Back