What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

My wife has us moving so got to leave soon so can show our house and still working on buying one . I’m against the whole idea right now timing wise strange people coming in, meeting inspectors, realtors, painters, etc. but if anyone could win this argument I’d like to see it. I can stayed married snd acquiesce or just leave. My frustration level is over the top but you can’t reason with it. We moved here in a panic cause some middle age crisis she left her practice and made some crappy decisions now here I am again- but I’m the idiot. Never mind just personal crap I don’t need

Jeez Grip.........it must be one helluva bad time to sell/buy/move house right now isn't it?

Do you have no choice?

She is so concerned with her parents we are moving an extra hour away from her job-because no other family member will step up. I don't mind the move but the timing sucks. I'm going to support her cause she stepped up and allowed my Mom and Aunt live with us a few years (crap I can't type) so this is a concession and appreciation. But the timing-well nothing is done till we sign papers so we'll see how it all plays out. Just puts a layer of tension when I'm already tense. Moving from one state to another-there can be travel bans etc. Just makes no sense to me. Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.

Was sitting on the patio taking in a bit of the outdoors and saw two hummingbirds in a tiny nest in our ficus tree. Couldn't get the right angle to capture both and that's zoomed in 10x on my iPhone X. I just couldn't get any closer to them without making them nervous! The leaves are about 2" long is all.
1585429738161.jpeg

Working on curriculum, playing with legos, reading, playing video games, and of course, drumming.

Nothing.. sadly this hasn't changed my life once bit.. still working 70 hours and still sitting at home waiting to go to work.. Now if they said i was forced to go out i would have issues..

Spending most of my time in my garage/shop cleaning tools, cleaning in general. My schedule, retired, hasn't changed much, but feel I need to be a little productive. Working on a project making a holder for bagels/ slicers.

Testing the police. Had to go out today, saw 6 or 7 of them. Didn't slow down at all, never got pulled over. I guess 75 in a 55 is okay right now since the roads are pretty bare. I was curious if they would stop me since I've seen no one pulled over at all since our state went on basic lockdown.

Testing the police. Had to go out today, saw 6 or 7 of them. Didn't slow down at all, never got pulled over. I guess 75 in a 55 is okay right now since the roads are pretty bare. I was curious if they would stop me since I've seen no one pulled over at all since our state went on basic lockdown.

If you do , this should work . I know I never would have had you open the window ?

72067546-F4F6-49EE-A4EB-011608BC271F.jpeg

I'm spending this time repairing slightly-broken stuff that I own. Really need to rebuild the DBX compressor rack's power supply first, but I got a Rhodes from a friend of mine, so it got fixed first (two new tines, tuning, tweaking), and I just traded my Nikon for a Roland Space Echo, for which I just ordered a recap kit. So there will be plenty of soldering happening in the next couple weeks.

I am still working, still driving... The traffic is light, but the drivers are terrible and acting with total impunity, running stop lights and following too closely...
There is a mild sense of panic, most places, with a light dusting of either semi-forced politeness or semi-hidden rudeness... People are in general quite nice, and a senior, likely a veteran, thanked me for my service, which was really weird...tips have been pretty good.

At home, I'm raising a kid, dealing with an injured dog, looking at my wildly overgrown back yard, and, occasionally, dusting off the drum set...
It's amazing how quickly an unplayed set gets crazy dusty (note to self-next kit- light color). I'm mostly on the practice pad, and mostly wanting a different practice pad. Still, better than nothing.
I'm also still doing my daily radio show, which is continually more challenging both time- and subject-wise.

I usually start each day hoping to have time for things after work, and, then, I usually get home too late to do much. Yay, me. :D

Not complaining, though... So many others have things so much, much worse.

Be well, everybody.

Last edited:
I'm working full-time. Working in IT means I can do 95% of my job from home and the 5% is the face-to-face stuff that I don't like anyway! VOIP phone, work laptop and monitors with a VPN. A better setup than I actually have in the office.

IMG_4646.jpeg

And walking this beast. Our 10-month-old Golden Retriever/Labrador cross. Who is really just a Golden Retriever with black fur.

IMG_9802.jpeg

Didn't you know? The secret to even double bass lies in cooked pineapples!
Long ago, in a town far, far away, after a day of surfing, my buddy & I went to a well-known pizza joint. I'll never forget it: The waitress told us of this new style of pizza, called "Hawaiian". We figured since the Hawaiians began the sport of surfing, what could go wrong? We never finished the pie.
Honestly it's my kid's fault. She loves it, I grew to enjoy it.
Sure. Blame it on the kids.

Back