What are the first 3 memorable rock concerts you attended?

Emerson, Lake & Palmer
2/28/1974 Houston, TX USA Sam Houston Coliseum Welcome Back My Friends Tour
8/14/1974 Dayton, OH USA Hara Arena Welcome Back My Friends Tour

Wings
5/27/1976 Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Colesium Wings Over America Tour

The Who
12/8/1975 Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Colesum Who By Numbers Tour
BTW, this is the same arena where at the Who concert in December 1979, 11 people were trampled to death. Glad I wasn't there for that.

These were probably the most impressive because I was a kid at the time.

My best friend's dad was an executive at First Bank of Cincinnati and we got skybox tickets for free for almost two years. Riverfront Coliseum was brand new at the time. We were in high school and were usually dropped off by a parent or family member and got in at street level and took the elevator with the promoters, VIPs and groupies. We didn't have to deal with parking or standing in line climbing the ramps to the main entrance. We didn't always go to or stay in the box which had a fully stocked bar, a bathroom, sofas and curtains and two rows of six outside box seats. It had closed circuit TV which sucked at that time. We didn't trust ourselves not to abuse the privilege of scoring free tickets by smoking up or tearing up the box. We mostly roamed around looking for the sweet spot and scoping out chicks. The bank was very conservative and didn't initially use the box to entertain their customers for "rock" concerts. They used the skybox for hockey games and softer music concerts and other venues. We saw almost everything there in 1975 and 1976, Queen, Journey, The J. Geils band, Kiss, ZZ Top, Wet Willie, The Doobie Brothers, Rick Wakeman, E.L.O., Foghat, Edgar Winter Group, Kansas, Toots and the Maytalls, Ted Nugent... This free skybox ticket experience spoiled me for life.

Honorable mention is Grand Funk Railroad at Sam Houston Coliseum April 8, 1971 which I think was my first rock concert. There were many other really powerful concert experiences later in life but these really stood out for me.

love Joan Jett...that is how she ended. most shows....she was my first "crush" as a kid....would have loved to have seen her and Rush together
Doing research on the web for that show in 79, i got it wrong on the line up. Joan Jett wasn't there according to the bill. It was Southside Johnny and the Jukes. SS Johnny along with the Tubes just wasn't what the Rush crowd wanted to see that day. I know i saw Joan Jett at an outdoor show at some point where she flipped off the crowd after not being treated very kindly.

saw Barenaked Ladies on the Maybe You Should Drive and Born On A Pirate Ship tours, and they were awesome....so much fun. This was before they were a pop group...got coated in mac and cheese. Got to meet, and hang with Tyler for a ling time...we mostly talked about drum corps and D&D....and his Ayotte drums

He's a good drummer, i really like his style.. he is never flashy but he throws in some really cool stuff that just fits well. Perfect for the band :)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer
2/28/1974 Houston, TX USA Sam Houston Coliseum Welcome Back My Friends Tour
8/14/1974 Dayton, OH USA Hara Arena Welcome Back My Friends Tour

Wings
5/27/1976 Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Colesium Wings Over America Tour

The Who
12/8/1975 Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Colesum Who By Numbers Tour
BTW, this is the same arena where at the Who concert in December 1979, 11 people were trampled to death. Glad I wasn't there for that.

These were probably the most impressive because I was a kid at the time.

My best friend's dad was an executive at First Bank of Cincinnati and we got skybox tickets for free for almost two years. Riverfront Coliseum was brand new at the time. We were in high school and were usually dropped off by a parent or family member and got in at street level and took the elevator with the promoters, VIPs and groupies. We didn't have to deal with parking or standing in line climbing the ramps to the main entrance. We didn't always go to or stay in the box which had a fully stocked bar, a bathroom, sofas and curtains and two rows of six outside box seats. It had closed circuit TV which sucked at that time. We didn't trust ourselves not to abuse the privilege of scoring free tickets by smoking up or tearing up the box. We mostly roamed around looking for the sweet spot and scoping out chicks. The bank was very conservative and didn't initially use the box to entertain their customers for "rock" concerts. They used the skybox for hockey games and softer music concerts and other venues. We saw almost everything there in 1975 and 1976, Queen, Journey, The J. Geils band, Kiss, ZZ Top, Wet Willie, The Doobie Brothers, Rick Wakeman, E.L.O., Foghat, Edgar Winter Group, Kansas, Toots and the Maytalls, Ted Nugent... This free skybox ticket experience spoiled me for life.

Honorable mention is Grand Funk Railroad at Sam Houston Coliseum April 8, 1971 which I think was my first rock concert. There were many other really powerful concert experiences later in life but these really stood out for me.

Sounds like you were there for the October 1975 show with Gentle Giant opening, Procul Harum no-showing due to an equipment truck breakdown in West Virginia (as we found out MUCH later), and Rick Wakeman. The absence of PH was poorly handled.

Sounds like you were there for the October 1975 show with Gentle Giant opening, Procul Harum no-showing due to an equipment truck breakdown in West Virginia (as we found out MUCH later), and Rick Wakeman. The absence of PH was poorly handled.
That's one I missed, I would've been disappointed at Procul Harum's no show.

As were we! Still a great night. GG threw down a set that Wakeman and his crew could not cover, IMO.
I remember seeing Wakeman on The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table tour somewhere but I think he was by himself with an unusual troop of musicians, a mini-orchestra on stage. The arena was halved off with curtains and it was a relatively small audience. But it was a great performance!

He's a good drummer, i really like his style.. he is never flashy but he throws in some really cool stuff that just fits well. Perfect for the band :)

yep, and a great guy too...he was fun, humble, smart...Gordon is in my top 10 albums of all time list...

So many over the years: a lot at the Van Dike club in Plymouth
Free: Sept 1969 - fantastic. And again Dec 26th when they played Alright Now for the 1st time (bet they said that at other gigs as well).
Black Sabbath: not a good idea to sit at the front as they were so loud.
Groundhogs: fabulous blues band
Deep Purple: before they became mega. Again rather loud.
Edgar Broughton Band: another loud band. Ended up with ringing ears & an 11 mile walk home. Yes I got a bollocking from my parents at 5am! Made to go to school that day as well!
Steeleye Span with Martin Carthy.
Plenty of Steeleye gigs since.
Tir na Nog
Trees: lovely singer.
Michael Chapman with Rick Kemp on bass.
Jethro Tull just after Mick Abrahams left.
Emerson Lake & Palmer: Plymouth Guildhall inaugural gig
Pentangle
Al Stewart
Great fan of Fairport Convention but never got round to seeing them until 1979 when they were packing up........So never saw Sandy Denny before she passed on.
Richard & Linda Thompson. During their kick hell out of each other on stage period.
Albion Country band with Shirley Collins.
Eventually John Mayall about 20 years ago.
Wishbone Ash
Chicken Shack
Peter Green in later years as part of Splinter Group. Cozy Powell on drums.
Z Z Top at Brixton Academy.

Deep Purple-Perfect Strangers tour.
Van Halen-1984/2012
Jeff Beck-2011

Just Rock...no Jazz or Funk bands...here you go :D

The Police - Synchronicity Tour - Hollywood Park
Rush - A Show Of Hands Tour - Fabulous Forum Inglewood
Dave Mathews Band - Under The Table - Glen Helen Amphitheater

Stewart, Neil, and Carter had me mesmerized as a young wannabee drummer
I couldn't believe what I was seeing live :)

Just Rock...no Jazz or Funk bands...here you go :D

The Police - Synchronicity Tour - Hollywood Park
Rush - A Show Of Hands Tour - Fabulous Forum Inglewood
Dave Mathews Band - Under The Table - Glen Helen Amphitheater

Stewart, Neil, and Carter had me mesmerized as a young wannabee drummer
I couldn't believe what I was seeing live :)

yep...that is definitely a trio that set standards...

I turned down 1st row tix to the Synchronicity tour b/c at the time, the little metal head in me hated The Police...I would lose all "metal cred" if I got caught at that concert

....have been kicking myself ever since

Back