Well, well, well. For those who know me.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
I haven't been on the forum much the last few years.
For those that remember me, I've used a deep bass drum for almost 30 years now.
20x26 was my main bass drum for almost the last 20 years. I've used 16" &18" deep 26's and 24's too.
I was always a supporter of the deeper shell, depending on how someone played, and if they wanted one.

Well, last week I ordered my first "new" 14x26 ever.
It'll be for my Red Sparkle Classic Maple kit.
I haven't even used a 14" deep bass drum since 1989!!
I have a 14x24 3ply Ludwig (got it in '79-'80) but it doesn't match anything, and it's actually taken apart ATM.

I'll post pics when I get it. It'll be a few weeks, but I'm pretty excited.
I've been using an 18x26 for a while now, and for some reason, that 18" depth has something missing.

Even with the 18x24 live, there seems to be a range of sound in the drum that gets lost, so time to do something different!

incrementalg

Gold Member
Hopefully, it'll live up to your expectations! I think it will...the 14" depth has such an immediate response and great low end at all volumes.

NouveauCliche

I haven't been on the forum much the last few years.
For those that remember me, I've used a deep bass drum for almost 30 years now.
20x26 was my main bass drum for almost the last 20 years. I've used 16" &18" deep 26's and 24's too.
I was always a supporter of the deeper shell, depending on how someone played, and if they wanted one.

Well, last week I ordered my first "new" 14x26 ever.
It'll be for my Red Sparkle Classic Maple kit.
I haven't even used a 14" deep bass drum since 1989!!
I have a 14x24 3ply Ludwig (got it in '79-'80) but it doesn't match anything, and it's actually taken apart ATM.

I'll post pics when I get it. It'll be a few weeks, but I'm pretty excited.
I've been using an 18x26 for a while now, and for some reason, that 18" depth has something missing.

Even with the 18x24 live, there seems to be a range of sound in the drum that gets lost, so time to do something different!

Seems like 14" is all the rage right now - at least on here.

You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

belairien

Silver Member
Hope you enjoy it man! This week my first 14" deep kick arrives. Though only a 22, I've also wanted something different.

Congrats!

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Nice!!
I do the "cannon kick" method (22 diameter x 20 deep) and it gives me the best of both worlds. AND it allows me to use a standard drum bag!
Score!