Website Problems

PM's aren't down at all - they're functioning. What is not functioning, however, is the re-direct link back into your inbox.

I just spent about 5 minutes on a post, and then the thread disappeared... Aliens? Tha guvment? I'm scared...

PM's aren't down at all - they're functioning. What is not functioning, however, is the re-direct link back into your inbox.

Not on my end Mediocrefunkybeat. Might be a type of browser issue. I did recieve a few without the re-direct like you mentioned but cannot send out a reply {page error when sent}. Could be just like the older pics issue related to the updates like not showing jpg's but showing others types based on your browser of choice.

Not on my end Mediocrefunkybeat. Might be a type of browser issue. I did recieve a few without the re-direct like you mentioned but cannot send out a reply {page error when sent}. Could be just like the older pics issue related to the updates like not showing jpg's but showing others types based on your browser of choice.

Ok. If it helps, I'm using Firefox version 3.0.6. I'll test on Safari to see if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Ok, so browser is definitely a factor in this. Safari 3.2.1 works perfectly at the moment, re-directing me straight to the page after sending a test PM. Firefox 3.0.6 sends the PM but doesn't re-direct me back to my inbox. Steamer, which browser are you using? IE 7 or 8?

I know this is somewhat irrelavant, but unless you have to use it for work, Internet Explorer is the absolute worst browser choice ever. It's security, speed, ease-of-use, EVERYTHING, is inferior to the other ones. I suggest Firefox, Safari, or Opera.

I am usi ng Firefox with a mac and found that if I want to click on a members name to check their info it won't work. However if I right click then click open it dies work.

I am usi ng Firefox with a mac and found that if I want to click on a members name to check their info it won't work. However if I right click then click open it dies work.

Have you downloaded the new update? I downloaded it today and this doesn't appear to be an issue.

Ok. If it helps, I'm using Firefox version 3.0.6. I'll test on Safari to see if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Ok, so browser is definitely a factor in this. Safari 3.2.1 works perfectly at the moment, re-directing me straight to the page after sending a test PM. Firefox 3.0.6 sends the PM but doesn't re-direct me back to my inbox. Steamer, which browser are you using? IE 7 or 8?

I'm using Firefox 3.0.6 and I still can't send PMs. I'm also still not seeing about 50% of pics.

Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer which may appear to be the problem ONLY for this forum site Mediocrefunkybeat.

Well it's recently been updated (the forum that is) so there are still bugs. It's just a trifle annoying, but doesn't seem to affect the functionality of any of it.

Well i find the search function to be pretty weak. I mean i typed in the EXACT name of a thread in the search, and lo and behold two pages down i find the thread i was looking for, when it probably should've been the first option.

Well i find the search function to be pretty weak. I mean i typed in the EXACT name of a thread in the search, and lo and behold two pages down i find the thread i was looking for, when it probably should've been the first option.

Oh, it's always been like that. If you search for "pdp 805," NOTHING comes up. But this isn't something Bernhard can fix, it's more likely a problem with vBulletin, the website that powers this forum.

Well...

I'm still having the occasional problem posting. Anyone else?

Sometimes when I hit the "Submit Reply" tab, it hesitates for about a minute, then I get a "database error" screen, and I'll log back on to drummerworld.com, and I go to the forum and find out that I'm NOT logged off, and that my comment IS posted on the thread.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I hope they're working on it.

;-)

Well...

I'm still having the occasional problem posting. Anyone else?

Sometimes when I hit the "Submit Reply" tab, it hesitates for about a minute, then I get a "database error" screen, and I'll log back on to drummerworld.com, and I go to the forum and find out that I'm NOT logged off, and that my comment IS posted on the thread.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I hope they're working on it.

;-)
Yeah, I've had that happen a few times, usually my first post of the day, then it seems to go on OK from there.

Back