Wearing out heads?

Jsk36

So I either want to get the evans coated g2 g1 combo, or remo ambassador coated and clear ambassador combo.

But heres the thing, my old set up was coated emperor and coated ambassador.

Now if i go do the remo combo, will i just need to clear ambassadors?

Because my ambassadors were tuned tight for a long time, and i'm not sure if they are a little worn out( stretched ) or not. But if they are and i go ahead and buy the clears for reso what if it sounds bad?

You kinda see what little mess i'm in now lol.

I use my toms a lot so this is really important for me, well the sound at least.

Or should i go just do the evans combo, then i don't know if i should switch to the g1's instead of the g2's...

or should i go all clear?!?

ahhh i'm so confused. heres the set i'm using,( it's the size of the one on the bottom left )

http://www.tama.com/history/history_detail.asp?i=121

I know i have a head thread already going, but that was bumped up from a while ago from somebody so i apologize if anyone is sick of hearing my drum head drama haha.

Just buy the clear ambassadors, you'll save some cash and it will sound just as good, if not better than a brand new head.

I just got some tips earlier that the black suede emperor heads might be good as well.

Does anyone know about those? Will they give a good clear warm open sound?

I just got some tips earlier that the black suede emperor heads might be good as well.

Does anyone know about those? Will they give a good clear warm open sound?

You're looking for an Ambassador if you want open. The Emperor is more focused.

Back