Visiting Nashville

basset52

Hi , My wife and I are visiting Nashville middle of June for a wedding for about a week. So looking for some must sees in that fair city and surrounds. We are both 64 so all night clubbing is out! Wouldn't mind picking up some live music with a meal/drink( I'm an aussie so it might be 2 or 3 drinks!) I'm sure there are multiple venues to do that but some good ones to go to would be great. I wouldn't mind a tour through a recording studio if that is possible, and I'm told the smoky mountains(?) are worth seeing. I'm a baseball nut and in Adelaide, I'm an avid follower of our national team(The Adelaide Bite ,AA standard), so I will try to see the Nashville Sounds. Following Nashville we are going to see the scenery in Colorado and then a small tour around the National Parks in Arizona, then to Seattle/Washington State for a few days, again to see the beautiful country. All in all 6 weeks total. I have been to your country before, 3 years ago when we went to San Francisco and San diego.Any suggestions gratefully received.
Cheers
Alan

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Great city for food and walking around downtown on/around Broadway. The original home of the Grand Ole Opry - the Ryman Auditorium - is there too. lots of shops and every bar/restaurant has bands playing almost all day & night. It's touristy, but, after all...

Definitely pay a visit to Fork's drum shop! They're a little south of downtown at 2701 12th Ave South (I assume you'll have a car and a map/GPS.)

If you're a drinker, or even if not, take a 1/2 day and visit the Jack Daniel's distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee. Actually, if you have a day, you might go to Memphis, about 3 hours west of Nashville. If you leave nice & early, you can do the Elvis Presley tour, Sun Studios tour, visit Memphis Drum Shop, and maybe get to Beale Street for some ribs for dinner. The STAX museum is right there too. :)

Have fun, it's a great city!

Bermuda

NVIC

I agree. Off topic, thought I might have seen Bermuda on The Goldberg's Show on ABC. with Weird Al. No such luck. Funny bit though.

basset52

Thanks Jon. Will try to get to Forks, sounds like a must do.However the Minister of Finance might worry about what might eventuate with the visit. Since I came back to drumming about a year ago she's been wondering how much more I can spend, having got some A's and K's ( secondhand) and 2 weeks ago allowed me to get some starclassic performers , again pre owned, to go with the vintage swingstars I got a year ago.The visit will be supervised closely I suspect. Sound like plenty of venues to eat and drink though. Can't wait.
Cheers

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Since I came back to drumming about a year ago she's been wondering how much more I can spend,
And this is your chance to show her!

Apologies for the exchange rate... everyone visiting the US has been hit pretty hard lately.