Updated Regal Tip Thread October 2022-Latest News?

I honestly do not know what I will do once my last pair gives out. NOBODY makes sticks in my size but Regal, everything else feels like trying to play with two cigarettes in my hands.

I honestly do not know what I will do once my last pair gives out. NOBODY makes sticks in my size but Regal, everything else feels like trying to play with two cigarettes in my hands.
I hear you. Which RT sticks?

Hi guys, Enrico from Italy, new here. Using RT Jeff Porcaro Signature since 1993...I found on Amazon my last 7 pair of JP sticks at a very expensive price, of course...
If I got it right, RT doesn't exist anymore...and that's too bad...a couple of times I tried Vic Firth HD4, pretty similar, but a bit shorter...I suppose I have to switch to them permanently then...sad, sad news....Thanks to all of you for posting news I was looking for for almost 2 years.
Communication from the Company has been very, very poor indeed (non existent, actually)...no one knows anything about them...biggest music store here in my area as well...they tried to contact the Company, but no reply whatsoever...

The word is that they've moved to a new location, and are retooling, and should restart production... sometime.
We'll see. Not much but silence and a sell off so far. Hope your Intel is good.

Hi guys, Enrico from Italy, new here. Using RT Jeff Porcaro Signature since 1993...I found on Amazon my last 7 pair of JP sticks at a very expensive price, of course...
If I got it right, RT doesn't exist anymore...and that's too bad...a couple of times I tried Vic Firth HD4, pretty similar, but a bit shorter...I suppose I have to switch to them permanently then...sad, sad news....Thanks to all of you for posting news I was looking for for almost 2 years.
Communication from the Company has been very, very poor indeed (non existent, actually)...no one knows anything about them...biggest music store here in my area as well...they tried to contact the Company, but no reply whatsoever...
I have a new set of Regal Tip Jeff P sticks here. I also like them. I picked them up in Japan a few years back. I also wish I could still buy them. The new set I have are on my "collection" shelf. Along with nice whisky, books, and all things nice, important (to me), and man-ly. 😄

If Regal Tip are truly finished as a company, I find it strange that they didn't remove their website. Since, as of now, the RT website still exists, I still have hope that they'll rise from the ashes like a phoenix. :)

If there is again a new word about a restart, I'll believe it when I see it. This has been going on for a long time now.

At this point, if the sticks were going to re-appear, I'd rather it after a resale and new management.

I think I said this previously in this thread - I don't know why another company didn't just start an RT line and build to the same specs.
This isn't rocket science, and a well tooled other company could do that without breaking a sweat.
Would be instant increased market share if done properly.

If there is again a new word about a restart, I'll believe it when I see it. This has been going on for a long time now.

At this point, if the sticks were going to re-appear, I'd rather it after a resale and new management.

I think I said this previously in this thread - I don't know why another company didn't just start an RT line and build to the same specs.
This isn't rocket science, and a well tooled other company could do that without breaking a sweat.
Would be instant increased market share if done properly.
Really!!

VF already make a few laquered models. It seems they are best suited to start an RT type of line.

Sadly I think Regal Tip is dead. If they were re-tooling and planning a re-boot, why aren't they communicating that with anyone? Also, all of their signature artists have already left for other companies. I think they are toast.

I have tried various sticks as I only have a couple pairs of RT 5AX 's left. The size is something I can always adjust to but the finish on the other brands just flat sucks. They slip out of my hands where RT never did unless I was very cold. I have tried different lacquers to no success. So my question is, have any of you found sticks that have a similar finish?

If you're wanting a similar lacquer finish, then look at the Vic Firth Double Glaze Models. I have a few and to me felt they were close to the RT's finish.

If you don't mind using a stick wrap. I suggest Tennis Racquet wraps. you can get a three roll for like $5-$6 and it'll wrap at least three pairs of sticks, unlike traditional stick wraps that only do one pair. there's different levels of tackiness you can choose from. I like the wraps that are a bit softer but still offer good grip. I've seen some that are super tacky. I will say their a little thicker than normal drum stick wraps, but I liked that. Because I could take a 5B, wrap it and it would feel like I was holding a 2B in the width but still have that 5B weight. I like thicker sticks so I can relax my grip and not cramp my hands as much, but that's a technique thing. But you could also say use an 8D or 5A, wrap it with the Tennis grip and it feel like a 5B. So you have a thinner stick but a 5B grip feeling. And they have tons of different color options as well.

Check it out, might be what you're looking for, and then you're not limited to only sticks with a similar RT Lacquer finish.

Sadly I think Regal Tip is dead. If they were re-tooling and planning a re-boot, why aren't they communicating that with anyone? Also, all of their signature artists have already left for other companies. I think they are toast.
I’m of this mind as well. I was with them for 20+ years and then they began getting harder and harder to find. Now they’re all but gone and most (including me) have moved on.
The website is still up, but their sticks are out of stock and drum shops just can’t get them.

Oh well. All good things…and all that. What I’m playing now is great and all is well.

Reactions: I-P
What I liked about their 5A maple acorn wood tip was size: 16" long and .0580 diameter. Diameter was a bit bigger than other 5A brands. Couple that with Maple, and it was an ideal combination. Add the lacquer and it was perfect. Now I cannot find a maple 5A at .0580. Anybody know a brand that has 5A maple 16" and .0580? I did find LaBackBeat has a hickory that size and with acorn tip, and it's listed as "Maple weight". Does that mean it's lighter than a normal hickory stick at that size?

no
Anybody know a brand that has 5A maple 16" and .0580?

(charge)

15.9+ 0.591

Check all the 5B , the 2B, the JB,
been using them for about a year and and a half. and No they're not creamy dreamy like vic's but they're 1/3 the $
I call em good r&r sticks any style and if you're not gigging 6 nights a week-
I like the 5B for Jazz (almost like a Tony stick) and the 5A for classic rock - butt end out -by time the last set comes around

Last edited:
no

(charge)

Check all the 5B , the 2B, the JB,
been using them for about a year and and a half. and No they're not creamy dreamy like vic's but they're 1/3 the $
I call em good r&r sticks any style and if you're not gigging 6 nights a week-
I like the 5B for Jazz (almost like a Tony stick) and the 5A for classic rock - butt end out by time the last set comes around.

Thanks. That grip may be too big, though. Not sure I want anything beyond .0580

be a little flexible
.580 to .591 is near imperceptible
plus...

Back