Upcoming Concerts and Shows

Mark Knopfler in L.A. in September.

Going to see him at MSG IN NYC in September

And ZZ Top with cheap trick and jones beach theatre in September .

Wow ! I’ve seen and WILL see more shows this year than I have in the last 15-20 years combined ?????

I want to see Snarky Puppy again, but it looks like I'll be playing a gig that same night. Lately I've been playing my own shows, without a whole lot of time to go see concerts.

However, Tool are coming to town in November and I don't want to miss them again.

Looking forward to catching the Tedeschi Trucks Band in November.

After seeing only 4 live shows over 5 years , I’m making up for lost time this year . Seen almost a dozen shows since January and have these upcoming shows ....Edgar winter NYC Thursday, Tedeschi Trucks band NYC September, Billy Cobham on Long Island in October, Joe bonamassa NYC November . And maybe jimmy Vaughan in bethel ny in September

We share similar tastes. I'd go to any one of those shows.

Edgar Winter, wow. I was wondering about him just the other day, when I heard one of his brother's songs.

As far as I know, Edgar did the longest full throated scream/note/whatever you want to call it. I call it hard to believe. It still knocks me out just as much as it did in the 70's.

Edgar Winter, wow. I was wondering about him just the other day, when I heard one of his brother's songs.

As far as I know, Edgar did the longest full throated scream/note/whatever you want to call it. I call it hard to believe. It still knocks me out just as much as it did in the 70's.

Looks like we both have good taste then lol !

I still can’t get over that note !

Saw Johnny and Edgar together at the (academy ?) in NYC in the late 80’s/early 90’s. My brother ( passed july 2001 at 37) who was three years older and was a guitarist, turned me on to a lot of the music I listened to in my mid teens and still do . He was a seriously talented blues and rock guitarist and I can only imagine the music we’d be making today if he was still alive . One of the greatest players I have ever known .One of my best memories was being able to get him backstage at the beacon in NYC to meet Jorma kaukonen before his show and watch him warm up and jam with my brother . And then backstage to meet the guys from the Allman Bros. in March before his death ( the last live show we’d see together) Miss him like hell , .... wish he was still around . I stopped playing a kit after his passing along with raising my family , his death really took away my drive to play if that makes any sense, but those memories were always there and drove me to start playing a kit again . Last 5 years or so I really felt the urge to play and a strong feeling he would want me to and that I owed it to him and myself to get back into it . So about 18 months ago I set up the kit and found this forum while looking up some drum info and here I am . I’m glad I did , but for a long time it didn’t have the same meaning for me and it just wasn’t in me to play. But those memories and good times are what really drive me now . Sorry Larry , I have a tendency to ramble , especially when reminiscing about my brother .

Saw Johnny and Edgar together at the (academy ?) in NYC in the late 80’s/early 90’s. My brother ( passed july 2001 at 37) who was three years older and was a guitarist, turned me on to a lot of the music I listened to in my mid teens and still do . He was a seriously talented blues and rock guitarist and I can only imagine the music we’d be making today if he was still alive . One of the greatest players I have ever known .One of my best memories was being able to get him backstage at the beacon in NYC to meet Jorma kaukonen before his show and watch him warm up and jam with my brother . And then backstage to meet the guys from the Allman Bros. in March before his death ( the last live show we’d see together) Miss him like hell , .... wish he was still around . I stopped playing a kit after his passing along with raising my family , his death really took away my drive to play if that makes any sense, but those memories were always there and drove me to start playing a kit again . Last 5 years or so I really felt the urge to play and a strong feeling he would want me to and that I owed it to him and myself to get back into it . So about 18 months ago I set up the kit and found this forum while looking up some drum info and here I am . I’m glad I did , but for a long time it didn’t have the same meaning for me and it just wasn’t in me to play. But those memories and good times are what really drive me now . Sorry Larry , I have a tendency to ramble , especially when reminiscing about my brother .
Hey man, that's the best part about this place. I use this as a place to vent my spleen, so I don't bore people in my life who really don't care about my personal drum nits. I'm real sorry about your brother man. 37, wow. It helps to let it out somehow so things can move on.

Ramble on anytime brother.

Hey man, that's the best part about this place. I use this as a place to vent my spleen, so I don't bore people in my life who really don't care about my personal drum nits. I'm real sorry about your brother man. 37, wow. It helps to let it out somehow so things can move on.

Ramble on anytime brother.

Thanks brotha. I’m good , it’s been a long time now , and I just wanna shake off all the rust and get back to previous form , start playing/jamming with others and get back that feeling once again . Lots of good times and memories from back then . In fact that’s what really drives me now . I’m glad I started back up again ??. Just wish I woulda done it sooner ?. But good to be back and really enjoying music again .

I saw Deep Purple (farewell tour) last night. The last time I saw them was 34 years ago in their classic Mark II line-up reunion (Perfect Strangers) tour. Don Airey (RIP Jon Lord) and Steve Morse (I really didn't miss R. Blackmore) were both great. Despite most of them being in their early to mid 70s, they still know how to kick butt. Ian Paice was simply incredible all night with his wonderful touch and blazing speed.

Robert Glasper has a residence at the Blue Note in NY throughout October. Id love to catch some of that action, especially when he plays with Chris Dave...but I probably wont, shame.

Whoah, not sure how I even feel about that! I left to hit the restroom and it was still going when I got back. That was a lie, I just lied.

We're here for you man, ramble away. Im sorry for your loss. I love the memories you shared with us and I bet your brother would want you jamming and feeling as much joy as possible. Touching stuff, made the last phone call I answered sound like a pair of frogs were drunkenly mating in the back of my throat.

Going to see David Garibaldi and Tommy Igoe tonight at Yoshi's in Oakland. :)

Busy fall:
Lenny Kravitz, this Friday
Samantha Fish, Oct. 6
Rival Sons (with Stone Temple Pilots), Oct. 9
Little Hurricane, Oct. 11

Back