Unix Bubinga kit (yes! another one)

Unix

Silver Member
Toms:
12x10, 14x12, 16x14, 18x16. All with double 45's. 12 and 14 in DSS suspension mounts, 16 and 18 in DSS cradles.

Bass:
20x18. 45-roundovers on both sides. Spurs are the Danmar "clip-on" type.

What is so cool about that kit is that it's not something you will see in a music store. It's custom work at his best. Definetly different then what we usually see.

Enjoy.

P.S. Vinnie you are next

Attachments

• Boss_Bones 1.jpg
    Boss_Bones 1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 377
  • Boss_Bones 2.jpg
    Boss_Bones 2.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Boss_Bones 4.jpg
    Boss_Bones 4.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Boss_Bones 5.jpg
    Boss_Bones 5.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Boss_Bones 6.jpg
    Boss_Bones 6.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Boss_Bones 7.jpg
    Boss_Bones 7.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Boss_Bones 8.jpg
    Boss_Bones 8.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 345

Ironcobra

Platinum Member
I'm speechless. That is by far some of your best work. I don't know what to say.

If only the tom mounts were made of bubinga.

metal overlord

Gold Member
I love it.
Stunning.

I can't imagine what it sounds like.

I'de image the resonance of bubinga + stave resonance must be like a 5 minutes ring eh?
Haha

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I guess I need to start saving some cash. Only problem with those rims, I would beat them to death. They would need to be a little shallower.

katman

Silver Member
That's such amazing craftsmanship. I would love just a third of that kit.

What heads are those?

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Now that's a beauty, Frank! The owner of this kit has superb taste, I must say! ;)

Have you tried building Ayotte-style "hide-a-hoops", where the rims of the heads are "hidden" beneath the wood hoop? I like that look much better, personally. It makes the drum look seamless and smooth.

Very cool, regardless...a real work of art!

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Outstanding again Francois! Your work is just gorgeous, everything I`ve seen till now was candy in my eyes. Unfortunatly I just roughly know what a kit built by you sounds like. :)

Mh and this particular one reminds me of a DeathMetalConga set-up a lot...

Karl

B

Big_Philly

I'm not very fond of the proportions of the kit, but that's the buyer's preference. As for the craftsmanship: awesome. As usual.
One day, I will buy a kit from you. I hope.

Unix

Silver Member
Outstanding again Francois! Your work is just gorgeous, everything I`ve seen till now was candy in my eyes. Unfortunatly I just roughly know what a kit built by you sounds like. :)

Karl

unixdrums.com
You will here loud and clear on the first page a solo made with a Unix drum.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member

Karl

HA! Yes, this is like the big brother of my kit - big drums all around here. Someone is going to be very, very happy soon. The rims look cool but I wonder what it is like to play high rims like that and how they would last.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
HA! Yes, this is like the big brother of my kit - big drums all around here. Someone is going to be very, very happy soon. The rims look cool but I wonder what it is like to play high rims like that and how they would last.

They're bubinga...I bet your sticks would break much sooner than your rims.