To get a drum endorsment...

Jsk36

In the future I would love to endorse in a company (as almost every drummer wishes) but the question that keeps coming in my head is that do I have to be a drumming god?

I know there are some drummers out there who are good but not great and have endorsements because of the band they are in. ( I won't name any to prevent a flame war )

Anyone have any info that may clear some things up for me?

I'd figure out which company you wanted to be endorsed by and give them a call. That would give you a definitive answer.

In the future I would love to endorse in a company (as almost every drummer wishes) but the question that keeps coming in my head is that do I have to be a drumming god?

In a nutshell: your level of exposure and influence will determine a company's interest in having you endorse their products. Playing ability is almost never a primary consideration.

Bermuda

I know there are some drummers out there who are good but not great and have endorsements because of the band they are in. ( I won't name any to prevent a flame war )

Anyone have any info that may clear some things up for me?

I don't understand why you would want to endorse a drum company. Wouldn't you rather practice, get really good, start making a little money and maybe, just maybe, a drum company will make you an offer?
Is it just about getting free drums? Seems like a lot of jive to me. Doesn't seem that it has anything at all to do with playing music. I could be wrong of course.

Back