Time to Escape

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
So, here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is nearing summer, and vacation time for some of us? Where are you going? What are your favorite spots? Do you camp, glamp, hotel?

I am doing a solo adventure this year to the northern part of Michigan's LP...probably near Sleeping Bear Dunes for some camping and mountain bike riding. Mmy wife is doing a "girls vacation" with some freinds, so II get to rough it like I am used to this year.

I am not a hotels and "tourist attraction" guy. Give me the deep northern woods, a remote spot, a bike ,and a canoe and I am happy.

Most favorite destinations are any where in Michigan; The Adirondacks; or Canada...

Ii do like National Parks, and historic locations as well...
My wife and I are taking the kids to Colorado this year, a place called Grand Lake. We are staying in a cabin at the lake.

But I also loved this little town we stayed in last year called Townsend, TN…. It’s quiet and the hiking is amazing.

For us, this is year of thd vacation to make up for what Covid took from us. We’ve already been to Orlando for a wedding, Nashville, Louisville and then we have Colorado, destin in July and then Orlando/Disney/siesta key in November.

My company upgraded my vacation policy to include 25 days a year so I’m taking full advantage

calan

Silver Member
where is that? Will do if it is not too out of the way
Roughly between Manistee and Cadillac, probably an hour or two south from Sleeping Bear. The term itself is the top search result.

It's just a curiosity of a Northern Michigan store. Their big claim to fame is their Jerky, but it's just kind of an interesting place. It's a grocery store, but also a hunting and fishing supply, plus like garden and some outdoor power equipment. All the essentials for survival in one stop.

A J

So, here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is nearing summer, and vacation time for some of us? Where are you going? What are your favorite spots? Do you camp, glamp, hotel? I am doing a solo adventure this year to the northern part of Michigan's LP...probably near Sleeping Bear Dunes for some camping and mountain bike riding. Mmy wife is doing a "girls vacation" with some freinds, so II get to rough it like I am used to this year. I am not a hotels and "tourist attraction" guy. Give me the deep northern woods, a remote spot, a bike ,and a canoe and I am happy. Most favorite destinations are any where in Michigan; The Adirondacks; or Canada... Ii do like National Parks, and historic locations as well...
So, here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is nearing summer, and vacation time for some of us? Where are you going? What are your favorite spots? Do you camp, glamp, hotel? I am doing a solo adventure this year to the northern part of Michigan's LP...probably near Sleeping Bear Dunes for some camping and mountain bike riding. Mmy wife is doing a "girls vacation" with some freinds, so II get to rough it like I am used to this year. I am not a hotels and "tourist attraction" guy. Give me the deep northern woods, a remote spot, a bike ,and a canoe and I am happy. Most favorite destinations are any where in Michigan; The Adirondacks; or Canada... Ii do like National Parks, and historic locations as well...

My wife and I live in Northern Michigan in a very rural area on acreage. It's nice here! We have no big plans for the Summer. I have lots of projects on my property that need completed.

For fun... We found a tiny 1/2 acre piece of swamp land out in the middle of nowhere about 2-miles from our property. It's drop-dead gorgeous with a crystal-clear, sandy bottom stream, several springs and mature hardwoods. It has been township property for 96 years! Last week, I submitted a proposal to buy it. I will know on Thursday whether we get it or not.

Stickandbrush

So, here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is nearing summer, and vacation time for some of us? Where are you going? What are your favorite spots? Do you camp, glamp, hotel?

I am doing a solo adventure this year to the northern part of Michigan's LP...probably near Sleeping Bear Dunes for some camping and mountain bike riding. Mmy wife is doing a "girls vacation" with some freinds, so II get to rough it like I am used to this year.

I am not a hotels and "tourist attraction" guy. Give me the deep northern woods, a remote spot, a bike ,and a canoe and I am happy.

Most favorite destinations are any where in Michigan; The Adirondacks; or Canada...

Isle royale

BradGunnerSGT

Silver Member

We're going to be in the same area, my wife works during the summer at the Interlochen Arts Academy summer camp. It's great because I can bring my laptop and get a "working vacation" in.

someguy01

Platinum Member
My wife and I are taking the kids to Colorado this year, a place called Grand Lake.
Nice little town, you'll enjoy yourselves. It's about 3 hrs from me.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Heading to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida in a month or so (it's always been our go to for all my and kids life for family vacation)-all the immediate family gets together for fun in the sun. We play lots of games, drink a lot (we made up a game from Naked and Afraid-everytime you see a butt take a shot-ouch). the guys and I bond over a common habit, jigsaw puzzles, card and board games, everyone reading something and conversation too-then joyous laughter till you cry. This year cause this dang melanoma I'll be attending as a new Crytpcreature SandCrab Man-because I'll be covered in zinc oxide and blend with the brilliant white sands of the coast there LOL. I am going to be more careful now-no more dark tans I've always fancied every Spring and Summer being a beach bum. I've always felt I was healthier with a tan-ironically.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I'm a coast-lover. Living on the west coast I spend a lot of time by the water for my vacations, beach towns, the beach itself, the coastal highways, all really my bag.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Mackinac Island might work for you...no cars, just bikes and horse-drawn carriages, very quiet in the off-season. The catamaran trip to/from the mainland can be, let's say, interesting in bad weather.

THAT....would be awesome...but I don't think I could afford that...
My wife and I live in Northern Michigan in a very rural area on acreage. It's nice here! We have no big plans for the Summer. I have lots of projects on my property that need completed.

For fun... We found a tiny 1/2 acre piece of swamp land out in the middle of nowhere about 2-miles from our property. It's drop-dead gorgeous with a crystal-clear, sandy bottom stream, several springs and mature hardwoods. It has been township property for 96 years! Last week, I submitted a proposal to buy it. I will know on Thursday whether we get it or not.

hmmm...I might have to pick your brain via PM about some things...

Isle royale

oh man...isn't that only acccesable by boat...and no one lives on the island itself? I would love to go there too

Heading to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida in a month or so (it's always been our go to for all my and kids life for family vacation)-all the immediate family gets together for fun in the sun. We play lots of games, drink a lot (we made up a game from Naked and Afraid-everytime you see a butt take a shot-ouch). the guys and I bond over a common habit, jigsaw puzzles, card and board games, everyone reading something and conversation too-then joyous laughter till you cry. This year cause this dang melanoma I'll be attending as a new Crytpcreature SandCrab Man-because I'll be covered in zinc oxide and blend with the brilliant white sands of the coast there LOL. I am going to be more careful now-no more dark tans I've always fancied every Spring and Summer being a beach bum. I've always felt I was healthier with a tan-ironically.

how long are you there?

Reactions: A J

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
W
THAT....would be awesome...but I don't think I could afford that...

hmmm...I might have to pick your brain via PM about some things...

oh man...isn't that only acccesable by boat...and no one lives on the island itself? I would love to go there too

how long are you there?
usually 7-10 days - the wife said rental cost was ridiculous this year. I didn’t ask so maybe 7 days.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
W

usually 7-10 days - the wife said rental cost was ridiculous this year. I didn’t ask so maybe 7 days.

ccool...was hoping you were noot trying to squeeze all those plans into a weekend, or like 4 day trip

drumnut87

Silver Member
nope, already had my holiday for the year two weekends ago (went to a big drumming convention) so thats my annual holiday done till next year :)

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
I'm getting married in August, so afterwards we're going to Rügen for a week on our honeymoon.

giphy.gif

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I'm getting married in August, so afterwards we're going to Rügen for a week on our honeymoon.

giphy.gif

oh man...you are so lucky to live near places like that!!!

we went to Ireland for our honeymoon, which was also other worldly!!!

incrementalg

Gold Member

We’re heading up your way for some camping, mountain biking, fishing…etc. We’re looking to buy a vacation spot in NH or VT within the next year or two.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I'm a coast-lover. Living on the west coast I spend a lot of time by the water for my vacations, beach towns, the beach itself, the coastal highways, all really my bag.
Ever been to Jalama County Park? I used to go there while at UCSB.

I’m jealous of y’all. Ever since the spawn moved out, I haven’t taken much of a vacation.