Thomas Pridgen - Applying Rudiments To The Drumset (Drumeo video)

Killer Lesson From Thomas Pridgen Courtesy Of Drumeo

http://youtu.be/8T-85IbmuxE

I enjoy these spotlights not only because you may pick up a few things, but also because the real personality of the drummer comes out.
Must be the BC air, if I was a talented musician playing a different instrument this is a fellow I would definitely would want to play with.

You beat me to it. I actually shared it on my facebook page few days ago. This guy has got this stuff down pat, and applies this stuff every which way you can possibly think of.

Great stuff. I loved when he says he was studying with Tony Williams and had him playing doubles for hours on end, laughing "why is this dude making do this".... I know why now!

I posted it because to me being only about 21/2 years into drumming, I practice alot of ruds. My buddies think I'm nuts, but really is habit forming. Really trying to get my chops up a little more before really digging into Rudimental Ritual. Not having coodination problems with Singles, doubles, and paradiddles with ostinato, but then it starts to get a little tricky for me. I'm trying to just play the rudiments and not worry about my feet. Trying to let my muscle memory take over and not my BRAIN lol.

Since my teacher is at Berklee, I thought I mention the video.

Good stuff - still watching but this was just what I needed to help me "enjoy" rudiments more....

I willl need to go verrrrrrrry slow with the 5's and 7's stuff for sure.... Can already sense the frustration :)

THANKS!

MM

Holy crap.. i never got around to watching this til now.. just crazy drumming..

I downloaded this and still watch it from time to time. He's great, if a bit wild at times. Def my favourite drumeo video.

Hate to resurrect a zombie thread, but I just watched this video last week. Holy crap. Just playing rudiments over the bossa nova beat has been huge for me. I’ll be messing around with that for years. He is just incredible. The Vinnie of his generation.

Hate to resurrect a zombie thread, but I just watched this video last week. Holy crap. Just playing rudiments over the bossa nova beat has been huge for me. I’ll be messing around with that for years. He is just incredible. The Vinnie of his generation.

I very much appreciate his playing. Sometimes though, it's just overload. I sometimes think drummers play at 200+bpm just for the sake of fast. Hurts my head, lol. o_O Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have his chops. Maybe I'm just jealous! Lol

Back