Thinking of releasing DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY thru HUDSON..

Pat Petrillo

Silver Member
and I would like your thoughts if you would buy Digital Download DVDs? Hudson is moving away from actual physical product..

Would anyone prefer a physical DVD or would you be opposed to downloading either "per lesson" or complete package? It's the Groovalution Video Lesson series, from US Roots Beats Second Line/Mardi Gras Indian, thru Early Rock Beats and R&B/Soul, Stax. With mp3 play alongs and pdf ebook.

Thanks
Pat

Seems like a good idea, but it would be a really big file to download. Most of my media is on the computer anyway. Probably per lesson would work better (IMO) because lots of people have slow connections. Maybe some people more patience than I do. Good question...

I'm still liking your HGF book. It's nice to have a physical copy too. If I only had PDF, I'd have to go to Kinkos to get it printed and bound. That would be a few extra dollars because it's better having a physical book where you can put it anywhere or take it with you outside or something.

I like physical discs. As MZ says, the size of the files would make downloading the equivalent of 2 or 3 DVDs less than fun. That said, if that was my only choice, I still might do it, but probably not until I’d bought all the DVDs I can find (and that, duh, look interesting). So that might put your stuff at the bottom of the list. But that’s just me.

As for selling chunks of what would otherwise be a full DVD (or a 2 or 3 disc set), I suspect that that would lead to lower sales overall (if we’re measuring footage downloaded), because people may well think “I just want the bit about how to play X.”

That’s what people do now for music: instead of buying the album, they just go for a couple of tracks. The hits that they already know. The problem with that approach is that you never know what you’re missing, but you’re definitely missing the larger picture with its cohesion, flow, and hidden gems.

Back