The tale of slowly switching brands…

I love their Signature line. Played a pair of their hats & fell in love.
I for one dig the 2002's as many of the bands of the 70's I like used them in some form. Big & washy that fit the sound of the big, boomy drums.

Great company no matter what.

I said it in other places and I'll say it again: If you only buy one Paiste cymbal, make it the 15" DE hats.

Let us know what you got yourself ;)

I play Big Beats, a 22", 20" and 18". When i started investigating cymbals they were the first line that seemed like they had some darkness and complexity without getting lost. They're very responsive. I recently got a 24" Giant Beat to use as a ride which changes things up nicely, since all the BB's can be used as crashes i have lots of options..

I buy most of my Paiste vintage. You can buy them used easily, even if the seller doesn’t have soundfiles, because the lines are fairly consistent over the years. If you know what that particular cymbal is supposed to sound like, it probably won’t be too different from your expectations. And used prices are typically at least 50% of new.

Paiste cymbals will always be my favourite cymbals . The 602s in particular have been a long time favourite. I have two sets of Paiste cymbals currently. I have a 602 Classic sounds/Modern Essentials setup ( 15" 602 ME hiatus, 16";18" 602 thin crashes ;18" ME crash and 20" Medium ride) ,
my other cymbal set up is 15" 602 ME hats, 22" Traditionals Light ride and 20" Masters dark Crash ride with three copper rivets.

I have owned full sets of most of the Pro cymbals lines ( 2002;Dark Energy;Masters;Giant Beats;Dimensions) but I usually come back to the 602s.

Paiste cymbals will always be my favourite cymbals . The 602s in particular have been a long time favourite. I have two sets of Paiste cymbals currently. I have a 602 Classic sounds/Modern Essentials setup ( 15" 602 ME hiatus, 16";18" 602 thin crashes ;18" ME crash and 20" Medium ride) ,
my other cymbal set up is 15" 602 ME hats, 22" Traditionals Light ride and 20" Masters dark Crash ride with three copper rivets.

I have owned full sets of most of the Pro cymbals lines ( 2002;Dark Energy;Masters;Giant Beats;Dimensions) but I usually come back to the 602s.

I have the 602 20" medium ride and just ordered a 602 19" thin crash, they are fantastic.

I've always been a Paiste guy and I mix and match lines all the time. The thing that keeps me with Paiste is the consistency, you buy any one cymbal ( your 17" dark crash for example) and if you break it or damage it when you buy another it will sound exactly like the one it replaced This also the reason some don't like Paiste.

it’s never if you crack a paiste it’s when

I have the 602 20" medium ride and just ordered a 602 19" thin crash, they are fantastic.

I have that ride too, but from ‘81. One of these days I’d like to have a modern one on hand to compare!

Last edited:
Back