The Saturn 'exhibition room' (post your saturn kits)

Destroyer772

Gold Member
We Saturn owners are part of a growing community with an all most cult like following. Just in the few years I have been a member of this forum I have seen more and more members open up to Mapex as serious and Reputable drum company. Show your Saturn's new and old, beat up or pristine.

Attachments

• DSCN5038.JPG
    DSCN5038.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 1,060
  • DSCN5040.JPG
    DSCN5040.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSCN5044.JPG
    DSCN5044.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSCN5048.JPG
    DSCN5048.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,039
There already is a Mapex Saturn thread on the forum.
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40133&highlight=Mapex+saturn

Not to be a forum organization Nazi, but if this is to be a thread full of pics it should be in the Your Gear forum instead of the drum discussion forum.

Its a pet peeve of mine when people post photos of the gear they just got here in the discussion forum when there is a separate forum for showing off images of your gear.

But in the spirit of things, here's my Saturn kit:
24021616492_b6c5d2dd05_b.jpg

More images are in My Gear thread. Link in my sig.

Last edited:
There already is a Mapex Saturn thread on the forum.
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40133&highlight=Mapex+saturn

Not to be a forum organization Nazi, but if this is to be a thread full of pics it should be in the Your Gear forum instead of the drum discussion forum.

Its a pet peeve of mine when people post photos of the gear they just got here in the discussion forum when there is a separate forum for showing off images of your gear.

But in the spirit of things, here's my Saturn kit:
24021616492_b6c5d2dd05_b.jpg

More images are in My Gear thread. Link in my sig.
Damn I missed that somehow. How can I delete this.

No need to delete, just informing.

I know lots of people don't like threads being resurrected from the dead, I'm one of them, but its a double edged sword, I suppose. I do think, however this thread can be moved in to the Your Gear forum. That way it drives more traffic to that sub-forum and keeps this one more open for discussion topics.

I have moved it to the proper area. Had to earn my "money" today. Use the search engine or peruse the Gear threads in the future. Thanks, johnny

Jim R,
Was the larger rack Tom on your kit cut down ? I am asking as the badge placement seems off kilter compared to the other rack Tom. It could also just be the camera angle too I suppose.

Jim R,
Was the larger rack Tom on your kit cut down ? I am asking as the badge placement seems off kilter compared to the other rack Tom. It could also just be the camera angle too I suppose.

I would have never noticed but since you did, yes it does look to be down a little more on the 12in tom. There all so seems to be a little shadow above the bottom rim, could be the culprit.

For those of you playing at home"

Show Us Your ......
Gretsch Views.........277,000
Sonor Views...........270,000
Tama Views............219,000
Ludwig Views..........154,000
Premier Views.........145,000
Yamaha Views...........78,000
Pearl Views...............59,000 (not counting the threads started by Bo)
Mapex Views.................152
Please tell your cult to stay away from the Kool Ade
Just having fun....Mapex does have great looking drum finishes.

Show Us Your ......
Thats sabotage GRUNTER LOL

Show Us Your ......

Somehow you overlooked the 325k DW views. Lol

Here are my new Saturns, the best drums I have ever owned. I just put up a few cymbals for the pictures. Peace and goodwill.

Attachments

• 100_0423.JPG
    100_0423.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 694
  • 100_0421.JPG
    100_0421.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 699
  • 100_0420.JPG
    100_0420.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 697
  • 100_0419.JPG
    100_0419.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 700
Why not. Here's a few pics of my transparent black Saturn kit on the job. I've owned some really good drums, but this kit is a sleeper and a keeper. In a small bar, through a big PA, and everything in between, this kit puts a smile on my face.

Attachments

• IMG_6332.JPG
    IMG_6332.JPG
    582.1 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_6333.JPG
    IMG_6333.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_6334.JPG
    IMG_6334.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_6335.JPG
    IMG_6335.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
Here are my new Saturns, the best drums I have ever owned. I just put up a few cymbals for the pictures. Peace and goodwill.

I have the same Saturn Snare, how do you like yours. I have been very happy with mine, basically a Black Panther with a hybrid shell.

Saturn V in Cherrry Mist. I need to update my pics. Finally got the 8" tom last week (about 10 months after original purchase).

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 663
I have the same Saturn Snare, how do you like yours. I have been very happy with mine, basically a Black Panther with a hybrid shell.

I really like the snare...and the toms and bass drum (LOL). To me these are just awesome drums. Mapex rocks! Peace and goodwill.

Saturn V in Cherrry Mist. I need to update my pics. Finally got the 8" tom last week (about 10 months after original purchase).

Nice kit. I really like that Cherry Mist finish, even though I'm not the biggest of fans of red finishes (says the guy who owns 2 red kits...). I too need to update my Saturn photos as well. I have added another 12" tom to the kit.

Nice kit. I really like that Cherry Mist finish, even though I'm not the biggest of fans of red finishes (says the guy who owns 2 red kits...). I too need to update my Saturn photos as well. I have added another 12" tom to the kit.

The cherry mist with the black chrome hardware is really hot. Agree I am not usually big on red but this one blew me away. One odd thing about the Saturn's - they ship the shell pack with their new soniclear mount. That's great when you are mounting on cymbal stands. I had to get creative for mounting on a rack. I ordered a mount that works on a rack and they charged me $85 while the soniclear mount is only $35.

Back