The new Pearl Sensitone Heritage Alloy snares

alparrott

Platinum Member
I had one of these in black over brass back in the original series, great drums. They sound phenomenal in the DCP video. Real sleepers, and the price is pretty reasonable all things considering. I wish they'd cracked that $300 price point, but it is what it is. The 6.5x14 aluminium looks like a great Supra stand-in.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Brilliant marketing move by Pearl. Personally, I never liked the look of the tube style lug casings. The original ones looked so much better.

I've still got mine. It's the previous version before the tube lugs. I also like these lugs better.
It's a real good sounding snare, but I haven't used it much since switching to 13's.

Attachments

• Sensitone - Copy.JPG
    Sensitone - Copy.JPG
    453.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I've still got mine. It's the previous version before the tube lugs. I also like these lugs better.
It's a real good sounding snare, but I haven't used it much since switching to 13's.
Still have mine, Wild Bill. I remember some of the tuning advice you gave me after I got my aluminum Sensitone 5x14. It's been a keeper since 2014. I too, like the solidity, and look of the modern tension casings as well.

Reactions: A J

A J

Glad to see there are more of us who appreciate the looks of the old lugs.

A J

Still have mine, Wild Bill. I remember some of the tuning advice you gave me after I got my aluminum Sensitone 5x14. It's been a keeper since 2014. I too, like the solidity, and look of the modern tension casings as well.
I have the same drum: 5 x 14 Sensitone aluminum. I love it! I'm never gonna sell that baby.