The Gretsch Brooklyn has arrived

Looks great Nicholas! You're definitely starting the new year off on the right foot!

Thanks man - we've needed a dedicated space with everything we have going on. Every time we do a live stream we are scrambling to find a spot - so now we can keep everything set up since it looks like that's the way things are going to be for at least another couple of quarters. Gives us a meeting space for zooms and some office space for the management / non profit side of our group, etc.

It'll be good - then I can start complaining again how much a hassle it is to tear everything down when live shows come back haha.

and it's warm.

Thanks man - we've needed a dedicated space with everything we have going on. Every time we do a live stream we are scrambling to find a spot - so now we can keep everything set up since it looks like that's the way things are going to be for at least another couple of quarters. Gives us a meeting space for zooms and some office space for the management / non profit side of our group, etc.

It'll be good - then I can start complaining again how much a hassle it is to tear everything down when live shows come back haha.

and it's warm.

So when will the party for forum members take place at your new headquarters? I'd like to make travel arrangements well in advance. I intend to solo on your Brooklyn kit. You can post the video to YouTube. :)

So when will the party for forum members take place at your new headquarters? I'd like to make travel arrangements well in advance. I intend to solo on your Brooklyn kit. You can post the video to YouTube. :)

Soon - it's a VIP list so look for a message in your inbox.

One condition though - you need to bring those cymbals so I can take them for a spin. You can video that too - but you can only upload it to Myspace.

Due an unforseen and annoying set of circumstances:

I played a NYE gig with...

a....

four zone....

Alesis sample pad (That I bought at a guitar center about 30 minutes before soundcheck)

And there was around 2.5k comments - so I'm sure there was a lot of people attending.

Good times.

Always a new Adventure.

IMG_4660.jpg

Hey folks,

Hope you are all well, safe and healthy.

My Grestch Brooklyn kit has arrived and it's wonderful.

It's a 22",10",12",16" set up - I'll likely add a 14" floor and a 8" rack tom and get an 18" kick just for versatility since this kind of an end-game kit.

I change the normal RIMS style mount for their lug attached GTS mount for a couple of reasons: Aesthetics - on a black kit that HUGE piece of chrome was distracting to me and 2. tom positioning - the lug mounts let me get the drums just a littleeee closer. I really love the lug suspension mounts! Big thanks again to the forum for this recommendation.

I went with EC2 SSTs on tom and G1s on bottom for the time being - they sound amazing. Warm, richy and punchy with some nice attack from the clear heads. They tuned up in an instant - all the edges were great - no quality issues or anything. On the kick I have an EMAD with the small ring and for the time being I moved the power stroke that it came with to the front while I get my real front head painted - cut a small hole in the PS too. It's sound DEEP and Punchy and fat....what a KICK.

I have it paired with the USA Bronze snare and it sound amazing - I put an Evans HD Dry on it and it's one of the better snare sounds I've ever had. Rich, and deep with a lot of tone and response. I'll likely change the huge stock snare with a Canopus 16 strand vintage snare - but for now it's all great.

Haven't recorded with it yet - but even on an iPhone video - the tones coming from this kit are insane.

The finish is Satin Black Metallic - it's rich and deep and has an almost gun metal grey tone to it in the light - everyone wants to touch it haha.

Awesome kit - can't recommend it enough!!

Interestingly - I was comparing it to the Renowns I used to have and these really are a lot richer and warmer sounding with the exact same head combination. I didn't suspect there would be that much difference - but there really is.
Awesome!!! Let’s see and hear it once you get it setup and tuned!

Outdoor show went great! Couple hundred people came out - the university took tons of time to draw little 6 feet apart squares for people to be in - everyone was respectful of boundaries and safety and it was a total BLAST!

Felt great to be out.

Attachments

• IMG_6243.jpg
    IMG_6243.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6241.jpg
    IMG_6241.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 39
Hey folks,

It's a 22",10",12",16" set up - I'll likely add a 14" floor and a 8" rack tom and get an 18" kick just for versatility since this kind of an end-game kit.

I change the normal RIMS style mount for their lug attached GTS mount for a couple of reasons: Aesthetics - on a black kit that HUGE piece of chrome was distracting to me and 2. tom positioning - the lug mounts let me get the drums just a littleeee closer. I really love the lug suspension mounts! Big thanks again to the forum for this recommendation.

I went with EC2 SSTs on tom and G1s on bottom for the time being - they sound amazing. Warm, richy and punchy with some nice attack from the clear heads. They tuned up in an instant - all the edges were great - no quality issues or anything. On the kick I have an EMAD with the small ring and for the time being I moved the power stroke that it came with to the front while I get my real front head painted - cut a small hole in the PS too. It's sound DEEP and Punchy and fat....what a KICK.

I have it paired with the USA Bronze snare and it sound amazing - I put an Evans HD Dry on it and it's one of the better snare sounds I've ever had. Rich, and deep with a lot of tone and response. I'll likely change the huge stock snare with a Canopus 16 strand vintage snare - but for now it's all great.

Haven't recorded with it yet - but even on an iPhone video - the tones coming from this kit are insane.

The finish is Satin Black Metallic - it's rich and deep and has an almost gun metal grey tone to it in the light - everyone wants to touch it haha.

Interestingly - I was comparing it to the Renowns I used to have and these really are a lot richer and warmer sounding with the exact same head combination. I didn't suspect there would be that much difference - but there really is.
Awesome kit. I am looking at getting the same color. Does the finish seem durable compared to a gloss type finish as far as showing marks or rubs?

Hey folks,

Drool-worthy ❤
Great taste in art too.
Hey, 'Klimt and Gretsch' has a ring to it. Band name maybz? 😉

Back