The Drumeo Neil Peart Social Media Blitz...

That was outstanding. That is just about 100% accurate, if not 100% and he nailed Neil's feel. While the Drumeo guy is very accurate, IMO his feel is just a bit off so his playing is a bit sterile. Neil had a certain lilt and groove to his playing that a lot of people don't capture.

Exactly, at first it just seems like hes playing rudiments very fast, but theres a lot more to his unique playing thats hard to grasp and imitate.

Based on this one story, Jared seems like someone I wouldn't want to do business with.

Jared is a dork and blocked me on their youtube account haha.

Brandon, however, the guy in the RUSH Videos is very, very cool and gracious and is just out there trying to do his thing.

Regarding the sound police: It's been a rule forever - it's not a surprise that it exists and people do stuff to get around it. Lots of booths have drum shields, etc. - deal with it Jared - there's plentyyyyyy of other people that have booths.

When I was there working the Stone Custom Drum booth - we had scheduled performances by Mason Guidry in a sound proof booth that NAMM provided that we would invite people to - it's not hard to keep things in check haha

Regarding the actual topic of OP's post.

Drumeo is Canadian - I know as a group they genuinely are doing things out respect and in tribute of Neil.

Neil - put together the whole Burning For Buddy albums which led to the tribute concerts, etc.

I think Neil would understand more than most and get a kick out of it.

Last edited:
Back