The Crazy Army Chilli Challenge

Way to throw down the gauntlet Nuntha. I’m amazed how long you were able to play on your pad. Don’t forget it burns all the way through so the sFit has yet to hit the Han. I’ll be praying for you LOL.

No thanks. I'd rather staple my shirt sleeve to my forearms and try to play crazy army than do something stupid like eat a Carolina Reaper.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I grew a Thai Chilli pepper plant one year when the habanero was still king. The Thai peppers were plenty hot enough and more than I could handle if eaten raw. So my decision is based on personal history, not just being a sissy. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

Last edited:
I’ve read populations that eat spicy food live longer so Nuntha may now be immortal. There’s a reason there are so few immortals though. Few survive the spice-the sand maggots can eat your brain but if you survive you can bend space-time and are immortal. Seems a fair trade I guess. When I was a kid working at a meat market the owners grown son bet me a dollar to eat this pepper. I took the bait- sat in cold room gargling sodas and stuffing grapes and anything cold in my mouth. I have no idea what kind other than essence of hell. Why the hell do horticultural breeders select for that as a trait??? Hot poblanos are a strange heat- seems a different chemical cause???

Oh wow so you are still in the throws of surviving this -Oops forget that last post. Keep us posted- I’ll be praying for you. You break out in sweats and hiccups? I’ve seen some horrific hot pepper challenges.

Damn I maybe immortal I survived the hot pepper? I am in great health for 65 and though broken bones I’m not dead. I’ve been electrocuted, drowned, beat senseless countless times so I must be immortal. I could be regaling the same stories to your great great grandkids. I may live long enough to get really good at drumming - hot dang.

I’ve read populations that eat spicy food live longer
I've heard that as well. Something about the raising of ones body temperature from eating such torturous peppers helps fight off disease more than the body does on its own. Its supposedly doing the same thing as when one gets a fever. I dont know if its true or not, but sounds good on paper.

If you have a mild sore throat, gargling with jalapeno juice can kill it. Its also incredibly sadistic and initially excruciating. It does seem to work though from personal experience.

Besides milk, another solution (allegedly) is beer.

Happy sunday. ;)

I remember taking a small bite of a ghost pepper at work. I bit maybe a quarter inch off..chewed it maybe 4 or 5 times and immediately swallowed it. I could tell my blood pressure went up..i got light headed and thought I was gonna have to go outside. You ate a pepper (the entire thing) markedly hotter than the ghost and chewed! It like frikkin gum!...i must say that your frontal labotamy was a success. Do you have any asbestos toilet paper?. If you had ANY intestinal parasites they packed up and headed south.

I’ve read populations that eat spicy food live longer so Nuntha may now be immortal. There’s a reason there are so few immortals though. Few survive the spice-the sand maggots can eat your brain but if you survive you can bend space-time and are immortal. Seems a fair trade I guess.

A Dune reference in a GetAgrippa post? I love it! Lol

Took me a year to grow them - but at over 1 500 000 scovill these are the hottest in the world - and i challenge you to do this ...

Have you seen "We are the Champions" on Netflix? It's a show narrated by Rainn Wilson that documents several oddball competitions throughout the world and one of the most interesting ones was a Chili eating competition thrown by the man that bred the ghost pepper.

It was a fun watch and worth the time if you have Netflix. Actually the whole series was fun - some cheese wheel rolling competition, the chili, dog dancing, and my favorite - the frog jump.

This is related:

Yeah, nah. I used to do things like that all the time, now my stomach hates me.

I still grow jalapenos, pasillas, anchos, anaheims, thai chilis, and big jims, but they all get smoked for a few hours and then dried. I use them to season only, and you don't need much. A few smoked thai chilis dropped in a stew add a wonderful depth of flavour with a nice smokiness.

Have you seen "We are the Champions" on Netflix? It's a show narrated by Rainn Wilson that documents several oddball competitions throughout the world and one of the most interesting ones was a Chili eating competition thrown by the man that bred the ghost pepper.

It was a fun watch and worth the time if you have Netflix. Actually the whole series was fun - some cheese wheel rolling competition, the chili, dog dancing, and my favorite - the frog jump.

This is related:

Watch "Hot Ones" on YT. It's a great show and Sean might be one the best interviewers out there.

Well I was hoping Nuntha would regale us with how it all went and his final comments on taking the challenge. He looked in dreadful pain-I'd take some ipecac and hurl that crap out -it's like molecular acid and will burn right through you. I guess my challenging days of picking up the gauntlet are over=thankfully LOL. Did I tell you folks about when my girlfriend and I were growing jalapeños and made some dip? Then later than evening I discovered hell fire when (censored)............Oh hell yes-only freakin' me.

Watching that video made me crave milk, and I’m a vegan!!! ? Did I ever mention the veggie Korma I had that blew my head off?! ? Never again! Props for playing whilst setting your mouth on fire; Chad Smith eat your heart out!!!(y):D

Back