THe Conway Slingerlands have been Rescued

Hi, my name is Paul and I am from Madrid Spain and new to this forum.
I just want to share my story with the hope that someday I will be able to recover what has been one of my biggest ilusiones in my life.
I am an amateur drummer and 5 years ago I became one of the "pearls" of "Raimon Devine and His Pearls" band. We play covers from the 60-80 (Elvis, Niel Diamond, Bruce Springsteen, etc). I play a Gretsch Catalina club set which sounds great and is easy to gig around with.
However I always found the the snare was a little weak therefore started lo look around to buy a new one.
Thats when in Feb 2019 I found on eBay the oportunity to by a "Brand New" approximately 20 year old Slingerland RK in White Pearl which NeaMusic shipped without without any problems. When I received my RK I was more happy than a kid with mew shoes!
What a sound, die cast rings, 10 lugs... I was sooooo happy and enyoing playing with it until the 20th Feb 2020 after a rehearsal with the band someone stole it from my car breaking in the trunk while I was having dinner at a restaurant in Madrid. This hurt me more than if the car was stolen!
What hurts me more is that probably the person that stole it does not know the value of this "white pearl", and I'm not talking about $$$ value.
It still hurts me while I am writing this :-(
Anyway, what I wanted to say is that if are any of the ones that have had the opportunity to buy one of the RK in the past or recently of the "new" ones from John you should consider yourselves vey fortunate because this snares are really unreplaceble "pearls"
BTW, if someone is considering in re-selling one of this "New Conway" RK please let me know!.
I herewith attach a pic of the snare I bought.
thanks

I’m sorry to hear someone stole your drum. I think you’re right, they will probably have no idea how special an instrument it is.

... and even more when its an instrument that you can not buy anymore...

Here's one:

It's the only one, better get it while you can.

Here's one:

It's the only one, better get it while you can.

I certainly hope he sees this and is able to buy it. it totally sucks the snare was stolen and he is left with having to pay for another one, but it's pretty wild there's even a chance to get it again.

I certainly hope he sees this and is able to buy it. it totally sucks the snare was stolen and he is left with having to pay for another one, but it's pretty wild there's even a chance to get it again.

I agree. I couldn't find another. And this one is still in the states so it isn't the stolen drum.

Hi

This is my first post!! Thank you for all the valuable contributions they are very helpful!

I have a chance to buy a Conway Made Gene Krupa Signature Drum Kit purchased in 2008. The sizes are: 24x14 Bass, 13x9 rack, 16x16 FT and 18x16 FT, 14x6.5 Radio King Snare, Solid Shell.

The full kit is on sale for £2995 ($4098), but I only want the 24x14 Bass, 13x9 rack, 16x16 FT and 18x16 FT (everything but the snare essentially), which I have been offered for £1900 ($2600).

I cannot find the following details anywhere:

1. Bearing edge details: 30 degree, 45 degree, roundover etc
2. Shell composition: Maple Popular Maple/5 Ply Maple Popular Maple Popular Maple/100% Maple
3. Re rings: Yes/No

Pictures Attached (Many Thanks For Any Help)Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.39.58.png
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.42.34.pngScreenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.43.20.pngScreenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.24.01.png

Back