THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Thanks in advance.

The cymbals are worth maybe $15-20. I can’t speak with absolute sureness to the drums, but I’m guessing around $150-200 in that condition. They’re old enough to not have suspension mounts, but not old enough to really be vintage.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Thanks in advance.

The cymbals are worth maybe $15-20. I can’t speak with absolute sureness to the drums, but I’m guessing around $150-200 in that condition. They’re old enough to not have suspension mounts, but not old enough to really be vintage.
That is a Pearl Forum kit. Late 90s, maybe early 2000s. When Pearl discontinued the Export for a short time, this was it's replacement. It didn't go over very well, and the Export was re-released. The Forum was subsequently discontinued. I don't think I would give $500 for this. Maybe $250. You can find a better kit/deal for $500.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Any forum members in the US need or want an Acrolite in really nice shape? $150 plus actual shipping, for forum members. I'm asking a bit more elsewhere.

It's a pointy Blue-Olive badge model, I believe from the seventies. Everything is original except the snare wires. 5X14.

I'm trying to thin the herd. Get it before they go up any more in price. :)

Attachments

moneydog59

+1
I've got a Taye Rock Pro kit. If the drums are in decent shape, edgewise, etc...this is a good deal. Love the kick, 20 x 16...it booms nicely.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Custom-order Canopus ash kit made for gigging. It was built for one of their Chicago-based artists. Sizes: 9x13 tom, 15x16 Floor, 10x18 kick. The kick is virgin no holes drilled. The original kick drum batter will be substituted for head in pics.

$1,275 shipped CONUS.

This kit is in fantastic shape and sounds very musical. There is one small set of marks on the floor tom where it must have banged against kick at some time. See pic.

Strong attack and quick response are the primary characteristics of this Canopus ash kit. And the shells really resonate and sing because of their thinness. Musical, thin and light - ash is a light wood but very strong. So they're very light to carry in and out to gigs. Strong, light, resonant drums. The ash is paired with poplar and, using Canopus original processing technique for the bearing edges, this creates a drum sound with a seasoned vintage sound. Think vintage jazz recordings. Delightful. Dry and resilient. It displays a full low frequency response, short sustain and clear projection.

The natural beauty of the ash woodgrain is visible with the red satin finish. Understated elegance. You'll look great on stage.

I've only had this kit a very short time. I'm selling because I'm looking for ultimate light small j kit for gigging. I'm 64 years old. I have trouble moving gear around. The kick is perfect lite and small, but I didn't anticipate the 16x15 tom giving me trouble. It sounds amazing but it's just too big for me but won't be a problem for anyone else. It's just my particular circumstance causing me to sell this wonderful sounding kit.Canopus1.jpgCanopus2.jpgCanopus3.jpgCanopus4.jpgCanopus5.jpgCanopusbw1.jpgCanopusbw2.jpgCanopuskit1.jpgCanopus sctatch.jpg

Shipping CONUS USA only. Payment via PayPal and must use a USA PayPal account. You can save the shipping costs if you're anywhere close to Louisville: come pick up or I'll meet you a bit outside Louisville.

Priced to sell quickly. A Canopus kit for under $1,300 shipped? Or even less if you pick up or we meet (deduct $175)? This is an excellent opportunity to own a finely crafted instrument.

roncadillac

Custom-order Canopus ash kit made for gigging. It was built for one of their Chicago-based artists. Sizes: 9x13 tom, 15x16 Floor, 10x18 kick. The kick is virgin no holes drilled. The original kick drum batter will be substituted for head in pics.

$1,275 shipped CONUS.

This kit is in fantastic shape and sounds very musical. There is one small set of marks on the floor tom where it must have banged against kick at some time. See pic.

Strong attack and quick response are the primary characteristics of this Canopus ash kit. And the shells really resonate and sing because of their thinness. Musical, thin and light - ash is a light wood but very strong. So they're very light to carry in and out to gigs. Strong, light, resonant drums. The ash is paired with poplar and, using Canopus original processing technique for the bearing edges, this creates a drum sound with a seasoned vintage sound. Think vintage jazz recordings. Delightful. Dry and resilient. It displays a full low frequency response, short sustain and clear projection.

The natural beauty of the ash woodgrain is visible with the red satin finish. Understated elegance. You'll look great on stage.

I've only had this kit a very short time. I'm selling because I'm looking for ultimate light small j kit for gigging. I'm 64 years old. I have trouble moving gear around. The kick is perfect lite and small, but I didn't anticipate the 16x15 tom giving me trouble. It sounds amazing but it's just too big for me but won't be a problem for anyone else. It's just my particular circumstance causing me to sell this wonderful sounding kit.View attachment 90371View attachment 90372View attachment 90373View attachment 90374View attachment 90375View attachment 90376View attachment 90377View attachment 90378View attachment 90379

Shipping CONUS USA only. Payment via PayPal and must use a USA PayPal account. You can save the shipping costs if you're anywhere close to Louisville: come pick up or I'll meet you a bit outside Louisville.

Priced to sell quickly. A Canopus kit for under $1,300 shipped? Or even less if you pick up or we meet (deduct $175)? This is an excellent opportunity to own a finely crafted instrument.
Fantastic deal and some seriously great drums, good luck with the sale!

Though this is a dramatic step down from your canopus kit... Check out the pearl midtown. They are stupid light, have a dedicated bag set, and come 10t/13ft/13s/16b.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I have a new INDe Wayfarer kit arriving today. I know it will be smaller and easier for me to handle - I just hope it sounds as good and looks as good as the Canopus.

Fantastic deal and some seriously great drums, good luck with the sale!

Though this is a dramatic step down from your canopus kit... Check out the pearl midtown. They are stupid light, have a dedicated bag set, and come 10t/13ft/13s/16b.

Spreggy

Silver Member
Want to buy:
Jazz Ride: something dry, nice wash, clear and woody stick definition for the main ride. Such as K Custom Special Dry Light, and so on. Anyone have a nice deal they'd like to part with?
Mission accomplished, no longer need this!

Last edited:
hey all- I currently have these listed on Reverb/eBay, but if anyone is interested in any of them here let me know. I would be willing to work out some deals.

Capture.PNG

PDP Concept Maple Exotic Snare (5.5x14) and tom (8x10): snare is brand new, unplayed. tom has some light stick marks on head.

Gretsch Broadkaster 'Vintage Build' Snare 6.5x14 (Satin Copper): it's in excellent condition. it came brand new with a few surface scratches on finish (hard to see). only played once for a short time.

Gretsch Stave Maple Snare 6.5x14 (Weathered White): drum is in excellent condition with only light stick marks on the head.

wraub

Anyone in the AZ area have a 20" bass hoop to sell? Cheaply, even? :D

The drum is natural but any color will do, it's for a kit for recording.

Thanks!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
hey all- I currently have these listed on Reverb/eBay, but if anyone is interested in any of them here let me know. I would be willing to work out some deals.

View attachment 90677

PDP Concept Maple Exotic Snare (5.5x14) and tom (8x10): snare is brand new, unplayed. tom has some light stick marks on head.

Gretsch Broadkaster 'Vintage Build' Snare 6.5x14 (Satin Copper): it's in excellent condition. it came brand new with a few surface scratches on finish (hard to see). only played once for a short time.

Gretsch Stave Maple Snare 6.5x14 (Weathered White): drum is in excellent condition with only light stick marks on the head.
Link?????