Hello! and thanks to Bernhard

drumhead61

Gold Member
I wrote the following to Bernhard and he suggested that I share it with the forum...SO here goes!

Originally Posted by drumhead61
Hi Bernhard,

I want to thank you for this website without it I do not think I would have ever lost my WANNA. From the time I was 9 years old I was a WANNA be drummer but my parents would not allow me to be a drummer...something about the noise? As I grew up I always said I would do it, but the life of hard knocks and a million other excuses kept getting in the way.

Recently, as in last month (July 2008) I found your website...and the rest is history! Through drummerworld, I followed some ad links and ended up @ californiapercussion.com and ended up jumping in and buying my first kit! I bought the Ludwig Drum Set - Accent CS Combo 100 Series Drum Set power configuration and am currently awaiting its arrival! 47 years of age and I am finally no longer a wanna be...I will be a drummer and am thoroughly excited for it, you have helped push me over the edge with this website and all of its fantastic resources that are currently not found anywhere else and for that I am over joyed! Thank you again so much for this inspiration!

I found that drum kit along with a cymbal pack all for under $500 dollars shipping included and it would not have happened had I not been crusing your site. I use to always go to musiciansfriend.com and dream, but through your site it has become a reality...again THANKS!

Respecfully,

Jim Ferguson
drumhead61

I'm sure that posts like this Brighten Bernhard's day!
I also share your sentiments regarding this site and its vast resources.
Welcome to the world of percussion.

Last edited:
Very cool story. We need to see pictures. Just telling us about your kit, that's cruel. Welcome.

I have participated in a lot of online communities over the years, and I must say that the DrummerWorld website is a fantastic resource and the discussion forum has a great community of knowledgeable people.

I've put in a lot of hours of reading here over the past few months, and have learned SO much.

Props to Bernhard and everyone who participates here to make it such a great resource.

Yes, thanks Jim. Nice to have you on board and thanks for the encouragement.

Keeeeeeep drumming....

Bernhard

Very cool story. We need to see pictures. Just telling us about your kit, that's cruel. Welcome.

I agree, after searching the so called"cyber space" for a place where I can relax and feel "at-home"....I have found it. Glad to have you aboard Drumhead! I am glad to have you here, hopefully you will stick around and become a part of the "family" as I look at it.

This place is the best, and again, thanks Bernhard and DB and NJ for havin us here.And yeah... we want pictures! NOW!!! : )

I think we all know how wonderful this place is.. the resources, the people etc.. .. but I've been having more fun than that.

Here's what I did last week ( and B, please don't sue me for this.. ).

...I downloaded all the grooves from the groove section on DW( relevant to me ) on to my laptop - stuck in a pair of headphones, and VOILA... its some of the best play-alongs you can get.. FOR FREE..

You do get some original - drummer bleed, but I've mastered positioning my phones in a way, just slightly off my ears to let in my live kit sound, so the mix works great.

If I need to hear more of the original drummer, the phones go fully back on. A great working, figuring stuff out tool. And just plain old fashioned drummin' fun!

Thanks, Mr. B

Last edited:
Sweet! Congrats and welcome to the never-ending obsession!

Caddy, I have found quickly how much of an obsession this truly has been within me all these years...once I purchased the kit I have become this voracious person over the idea of drums and learning!

Harry, no intent to be cruel...the cruel thing is ordering the kit on 8/6/08 and being told two days later unless I change my color choice I will not see the kit until the first week of Sept!!! THAT is cruel and inhuman...this has been the slowest month on record!!!! Once I get them I will post.

Yes, thanks Jim. Nice to have you on board and thanks for the encouragement.

Keeeeeeep drumming....

Bernhard

Truly Bernhard, as I said the thanks does go to you and all that you have put in and continue to put into this wonderful resource and the art of drumming, without this I believe I would still be wishing about becoming a drummer...this is a life long dream that has come to fruition! Many THANKS

Glad to have you aboard Drumhead! I am glad to have you here, hopefully you will stick around and become a part of the "family" as I look at it.

This place is the best, and again, thanks Bernhard and DB and NJ for havin us here.And yeah... we want pictures! NOW!!! : )

CrdirtRider, thank you and as I said once I get the kit I will be wildly flashing pics and posting, and I will be sticking around this is a great family/community!

Thanks again to the family as well for all the input I have gotten thus far and all the knowledge you will impart to me once I get those drums set up....I am anxiously waiting for them!!!!

Hello, Jim.

Welcome to the team, colleague. Keep that drumming and happy spirit!

Cordially,

Ian

Welcome to the forum. I can tell how enthusiastic you are. Congrats on finally starting up with drumming.

Welcome to the forum. I can tell how enthusiastic you are. Congrats on finally starting up with drumming.

C.A.D, thank you and your perception is right I am very enthusiastic...always had a love for the drum but just had other things getting in the way...>FINALLY. Thanks again--JIM

Hello, Jim.

Welcome to the team, colleague. Keep that drumming and happy spirit!

Cordially,

Ian

Thanks Ian, you were the first to welcome me and I appreciate that!

I think you will find, as I did, that sometimes getting started, with all of the little things that were in they way, moved out of the way, it will be even harder to stop. I didnt play for 30 years and now I dont see me stopping for at least thirty. God willing.

I wrote the following to Bernhard and he suggested that I share it with the forum...SO here goes!

Originally Posted by drumhead61
Hi Bernhard,

I want to thank you for this website without it I do not think I would have ever lost my WANNA. From the time I was 9 years old I was a WANNA be drummer but my parents would not allow me to be a drummer...something about the noise? As I grew up I always said I would do it, but the life of hard knocks and a million other excuses kept getting in the way.

Recently, as in last month (July 2008) I found your website...and the rest is history! Through drummerworld, I followed some ad links and ended up @ californiapercussion.com and ended up jumping in and buying my first kit! I bought the Ludwig Drum Set - Accent CS Combo 100 Series Drum Set power configuration and am currently awaiting its arrival! 47 years of age and I am finally no longer a wanna be...I will be a drummer and am thoroughly excited for it, you have helped push me over the edge with this website and all of its fantastic resources that are currently not found anywhere else and for that I am over joyed! Thank you again so much for this inspiration!

I found that drum kit along with a cymbal pack all for under $500 dollars shipping included and it would not have happened had I not been crusing your site. I use to always go to musiciansfriend.com and dream, but through your site it has become a reality...again THANKS!

Respecfully,

Jim Ferguson
drumhead61

That's great. Enjoy! :)

I do not know if anyone will ever check this thread again? But, I do have pics of my kit posted as an album on my page and in the Ludwig group.

Thanks Guys

In my signature post, I tell my story (Drumhead61, I know you've seen it already). But I really didn't give DW enough credit for its impact on me. I have learned at least 85% of my drum knowledge from this site and magazines. But the community in the forum is my most valuable resource. Thanks Jim for this thread and thanks Bernhard for the site.

Back