Taye Studio Maple kit. Worth price?

ZappaLives

8 piece studio maple in natural wood finish. 8,10,12,14,16,18, 22 and 14 snare. All hardware included. Pristine condition. Am I getting a deal at 1350?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-110637.png
    Screenshot_20211023-110637.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

roncadillac

8 piece studio maple in natural wood finish. 8,10,12,14,16,18, 22 and 14 snare. All hardware included. Pristine condition. Am I getting a deal at 1350?
I would talk them town to a grand flat.

I mean it's not a bad deal but not a great deal. This is another one of those situations where it seems to be priced at it's on paper value and not it's reasonable resale value. Pristine or not... They still are used drums. I've used this analogy hundreds of times around here: you can't buy a new car for $20,000 then immediately sell it on craigslist for $19,500 because "it's still basically brand new".

harryconway

Platinum Member
New, the 5 piece shell pack is just under $1300. I found a 7 piece - used - at GC, for $799. Again, a shell pack. So ..... for an 8 piece with hardware ????? I concur with the above. $1350 is a bit steep.

GruntersDad

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I had a ProX model and loved it. Looks like a dealer, so he is covering overhead, etc. Not just an individual owner. Lots of drums, but still used and you dont say how old. Were they gigged or not. $1000. is enough. Just tell the guy you don't pay rent for him.

Darth Vater

That's A LOT of hardware included too! If you're close enough to walk in there and inspect it, I'd take some cash in and around what they're asking and make a deal. The old adage of "money talks and BS walks" has never been more relevant. :cool:

criz p. critter

Silver Member
my opinion? That’s a lot of drums and hardware for the money. And in pristine condition? It’s a no-brainer. There’s always people that say it’s a little too much… I agree that you should always offer less than the asking price, but if the seller is firm, go the full price. What’s a couple hundred if you really want it?

SharkSandwich

With all that hardware and the condition they're in...I'd say $1350 is reasonable.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Eight drums, six stands, and one pedal is 15 items. That's less than $100 an item. That's not even including tom mounts.

Bongo Jesus

Odd how it's pristine condition when the ebay add says “Blemishes and rash from years of use.” Use that to your advantage and get it for $1000 if you really want an 18" depth bass drum.