Tambourine mount suggestions

pocket player

any suggestions for tambourine mount that does not Loosen up, other than the HH rod. all the ones i have tried loosen up ?
Also where do you mount yours on the set ? Thanks

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Rhythm Tech makes this. I use it with no problems. I clamp it to a cymbal stand near my hi hat. I use both the small cowbell and the tambourine.

I did straighten the rod in a vice, and I also took said rod to my grinding wheel to make a notch that my cowbell clamp fits into. The bell would sometimes slide down the rod before I notched it. I never had to notch the rod for the tambourine, but it could be done.

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Rhythm Tech makes this. I use it with no problems. I clamp it to a cymbal stand near my hi hat. I use both the small cowbell and the tambourine.

I did straighten the rod in a vice, and I also took said rod to my grinding wheel to make a notch that my cowbell clamp fits into. The bell would sometimes slide down the rod before I notched it. I never had to notch the rod for the tambourine, but it could be done.

I have the same thing. I've not had any slippage with the cowbell. I dont really go crazy on the thing though. The tambourine gets much more play and has never moved.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Most tambourines (and mountable percussion items) come with one of two tightening systems: The "push" (where a wingbolt simply is tightened against the vertical rod the item is mounted on) or the "pull" where the wingnut pulls an eyebolt tight against the mounting rod). I find that the "pull" version is always more stable. If your tambourine is "push" style, try changing out the wingbolt for one with a flatter tip, so it contacts more of the mounting rod.

I also like to use cymbal boom arms with the felts and washers removed rather than the standard 9.5mm mounting rods for tambourines, for two reasons. The tilters are slightly thicker, like 9.6 or 9.7mm, which allows for better grip; and they can be manuevered into spots that straight mounting rods can't. You can see it in this picture on the right above my hi-hats.

1626446940732.png

Ghostin one

I like the Remo frame drum holder. It's not expensive, and you can take the tambourine off and play it in your hands easily.

iCe

I mount it off a short boom arm. Remove the felts, wingnut and remove the metal or plastic 'seat' (can't remember the exact name) where everything rests on.

Bozozoid

I just got that small thick red plastic one for the HH stand mount. Gotta have it for the stones satisfaction.