Tamaefx Premier Signia

Those are very nice kits, and I really like your cymbals. May they give you musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Love the Signia's Simply wonderful drums :)

Signias are the best drums ever made imo. i have a 7 piece in cherry as my main kit - 8,10,12,14,16,22. i'd love to be able to convert my 14 and 16 toms to floor toms - where did you get the mounting brackets for your 16?
also, if you want to sell one of your snares, please let me know :)

I keep my snare drums ! Ahaha.
I got brackets from Dancing crow. I got in touch with him through this forum. He doesn’t seem to be here anymore. I also got 3 brackets for the 14x12, sold by a friend, thanks to a French forum.

It looks indeed the same !

I now have 2x 22x16, 10 12 12 13 toms, 14 (converted) and 16 floors.
2 snares 14x5,5, 14x7.
All that dressed in white:)

I am jealous of that kit, my friend! I have been looking for a Signia in White for some time. I'd like to duplicate Andy Parkers kit.

View attachment 87260
Saw Andy Parker and UFO open up for Cheap Trick way back in the 80s. UFO was out in support of their latest release "No Place to Run." Andy had that big old double bass white Ludwig drum kit. Been a fan ever since!

Last edited:
Which Bass drum head graphic do you prefer?
I never liked the stock front skin with the giant hole, but I like the gold Signia logo. I custom made the gold Premier. Tama used to have a gold Tama logo in the noughties: really plain classy.
For now, I took off the old head, really worn out, I have a classic plain black with 5” hole. No logo.

The picture above is for display only, I never use 2 BD or 5 toms. I play as 2 separate kits.
One big and open sound, one smaller with filled up bass drum and quieter coated heads.

I knew UFO only by name ! Now I will check them out. My first contact with the White Signia was Niko Mc Brain, the drum sound of the X Factor and kit appears in the video clip of Man on the Edge.

Last edited:
Saw Andy Parker and UFO open up for Cheap Trick way back in the 80s. UFO was out in support of their latest release "Mechanix." Andy had that big old double bass white Ludwig drum kit. Been a fan ever since!

I always liked his monster mirror chrome Ludwigs from the mid-eighties. Going to see his white Premiers in October for their final tour. Such a great, great band.

I never liked the stock front skin with the giant hole, but I like the gold Signia logo. I custom made the gold Premier. Tama used to have a gold Tama logo in the noughties: really plain classy.
For now, I took off the old head, really worn out, I have a classic plain black with 5” hole. No logo.

The picture above is for display only, I never use 2 BD or 5 toms. I play as 2 separate kits.
One big and open sound, one smaller with filled up bass drum and quieter coated heads.

I knew UFO only by name ! Now I will check them out. My first contact with the White Signia was Niko Mc Brain, the drum sound of the X Factor and kit appears in the video clip of Man on the Edge.

Yeah..Nickos Premiers were awesome. I really like his Sonor kit now, but the Premiers just look like they belong with English bands!

I am jealous of that kit, my friend! I have been looking for a Signia in White for some time. I'd like to duplicate Andy Parkers kit.

View attachment 87260

There’s one on eBay right now. 6 piece with the 20” bass drum. But damn ? it’s $3,300 ?

Signia-Layout.jpg

I had a little spare time so I draw this on Illustrator, the full layout of my two kits ;-). The small, the big, the clear and the coated.

Last edited:

I wanted for long to try again the twin bass thing. It's really something to sit behind that kind of kit. The problem is the hi hat sitting much too far - I don't have the clamp to fix it.
I can make it bigger, but I choose to try a Lars like kit : 2x22, 10, 12, 16.

Last edited:
I picked up another bass drum recently to go along with the ever-expanding monster kit. Shortly after I ordered a hat/bass drum mount. While I waited for it be delivered, I took a Dremel tool to a spare hat stand that I had - removed the rivets holding the legs on. Now the hats are nice and tight, and cozy right next to the left bass drum, and solidly held in place too. I haven't upgraded yet to two single pedals - hence the foot set-up you see pictured. Your right though Tamaefx, totally different feeling and vibe sitting behind two bass drums rather than one with a double "P" on the floor.
IMG_20191029_202523.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to try this out :
Ten piece kit with loads of cymbals : a pleasure to have that many choice of sound, but it's hardly playable, hihat and ride are too far away, the two bass drums are too far appart. Still it's fun, the big 14x12 that I don't like much as a floor tom is really fun to play as a rack.
But it's really a pain to haul and very disturbing to play.
I displayed this just for fun.
After playing the Renown for a couple of month, I rediscover the sound of the Signia, much more aggressive, low and powerful. The Renown was really great but the Sig is definitely more powerful, more plain.

Attachments

• IMG_5892opt.jpg
    IMG_5892opt.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5839opt.jpg
    IMG_5839opt.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 14
I wanted to try this out :
Ten piece kit with loads of cymbals : a pleasure to have that many choice of sound, but it's hardly playable, hihat and ride are too far away, the two bass drums are too far appart. Still it's fun, the big 14x12 that I don't like much as a floor tom is really fun to play as a rack.
But it's really a pain to haul and very disturbing to play.
I displayed this just for fun.
After playing the Renown for a couple of month, I rediscover the sound of the Signia, much more aggressive, low and powerful. The Renown was really great but the Sig is definitely more powerful, more plain.

It'd be interesting to do a total weight of all that.. I'd love to play them at least on 1 tour with UFO. Very sharp!

Back