Tama Superstar Hyperdrive Maple Duo

ErreEffe1963

Hello Everyone,
Let me first introduce myself, I'm Roberto, I'm from Italy. This is my first presence in the forum and, sorry, I start with a request of an opinion about a kit I'd like to purchase.

I'm a satified owner of a beautiful 2017's Dixon Artisan Maple kit (20"-10"-12"-14"), despite is not well known or even 'bad-known' (at least here in Italy) I think it's not bad at all, both the sound and the finishing (matrix green).

Now I'd like another kit, don't know yet if to replece it or to add on! I have in mind the new Tama Superstar Hyperdrive Duo.
Well I don't really need the floor tom/snare, reason behind the 'duo' model is only because the 'non duo' does not offer the 20" kickbass, which is something for me fundamental. Another reason is the fact that this kit has short toms (10x6,5 and 12x7) as I love to keep them as much orizontal as possible (I'm not tall!).

I saw one the other day in a drum-shop and I got in love with it, unfortunately it was not a demo so I could not touch it.
Is anyone owns it? Any comment from others who played it? From videos in internet it seems is specially made for modern music, I play basically everything, including blues but also pop.

Thanks in advance
Roberto

Fritz Frigursson

Yo come va

sinceramente se sei contento con le misure che hai io non sprecherei soldi su un altro kit. Al massimo prenditi dei piatti migliori, un bel rullante (tipo Supraphonic) oppure delle meccaniche migliori.

TJK

Yo come va

sinceramente se sei contento con le misure che hai io non sprecherei soldi su un altro kit. Al massimo prenditi dei piatti migliori, un bel rullante (tipo Supraphonic) oppure delle meccaniche migliori.
Hey now none of that fancy eyetalyon in here! 😝

ErreEffe1963

Yo come va

Hi Fritz, grazie della risposta.
Actually, yes I'm satisfied however I'd like to change. My current toms are 10x8 and 12x9 so quite deep. That's way I was eveluating a kit with shallower toms and based on what I know around I found only Tama at an affordable (...) price.
By the way, for sure I'm totally happy with my UFIP cymbals and the snare which is eventually a Supraphonic!
Any idea of other kits with shallow rack toms?

Fritz Frigursson

Hi Fritz, grazie della risposta.
Actually, yes I'm satisfied however I'd like to change. My current toms are 10x8 and 12x9 so quite deep. That's way I was eveluating a kit with shallower toms and based on what I know around I found only Tama at an affordable (...) price.
By the way, for sure I'm totally happy with my UFIP cymbals and the snare which is eventually a Supraphonic!
Any idea of other kits with shallow rack toms?
Huh, I would consider 10x8 and 12x9 to be quite normal tom sizes but if you really need short stack toms then the superstar is one of the better options. I don’t know if 2” is going to change much but if you want you can do whatever you want. Superstar is a good kit.