Taller snare stands

bud7h4

Silver Member
I need recommendations for a snare stand slightly taller than the usual max height of about 24-25" and I need at least 26", or 660mm. But I don't want one of those "extra tall" concert stands. Just a taller, regular stand. So far the tallest I've found is 25". Just barely too short.

Edit: I'm measuring to the top center of the basket.

Turns out all I need is the tripod base since I already have a very nice Gibraltar basket which I've been using as a rack mounted floating setup.

Last edited:
I have the Gibraltar double braced concert stand. I just measured it:

From the floor to top of the base tube (where the upper tube with the snare basket fits in, the plastic compression sleeve with wing nut that allows for height adjustment) is about 21"

From the floor to the gear tilter on the upper tube/snare basket at it's lowest setting (without being 'bottomed out' because the upper tube has a slightly smaller diameter just below the gear tilter which makes the upper tube spin around freely if bottomed out) is about 24"

With the same height setting as above it's about 25" from the floor to the bottom rim of a 14" drum and about 26" from the floor to the bottom rim of a 13" drum.

Hope this helps!

I've also had success in the past with a little mixing and matching of stand parts. You may have a cymbal stand that has an upper tube diameter that is the same as your current snare stand, just swap the bases.

Thanks guys, I'll take a closer look at the Gibraltar. I like the smaller footprint of the Tama Jim posted too.

Back