St. Pat's gig "highlight reel"

brentcn

Platinum Member
Played a super fun gig a week ago with my usual trio, plus a guest keyboardist (who's a baaaaad mf!). So much went right about this gig, I have to make a list:

1. I'm loving these Yamaha Club Customs!
2. Got to jam Fly Like An Eagle which is one of my favorite grooves -- maybe I should make a YouTube cover of this!
3. Got to listen to the guitarist and keyboardist trade stellar licks all night
4. Pay was good!
5. PA and mics were provided
6. Didn't interfere with other gigs because it was on a Sunday night
7. Crowd was pretty into it
8. I tried some new things on the fly, some of which weren't perfect but they came out well enough that I'll work on them

List of tunes in the video:
Fly Like An Eagle / Love Rollercoaster / Waterfalls / American Girl / Cold Shot / Short Skirt Long Jacket / Whoomp There It is / Ending Jam of Free Bird / Miss You / Stuck In The Middle / Me And Julio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQU2zAqOBE

Solid performance..!

Would in my opinion even be better when everything would have been played with the 'spirit' that starts at like 14.50, but i realise very well that thats not always possible and also depends a little on the song, time, audience, etc, but i liked the band at those moments the most..

But all together, nice band, nice groove and as we say here: nothing wrong with this..

Solid performance..!

Would in my opinion even be better when everything would have been played with the 'spirit' that starts at like 14.50, but i realise very well that thats not always possible and also depends a little on the song, time, audience, etc, but i liked the band at those moments the most..

But all together, nice band, nice groove and as we say here: nothing wrong with this..

Thanks!

I hear ya, things got wild at that moment! But the contrast is key. You can’t just bludgeon an audience over the head (unless they bought a ticket and know what they’re in for). You’ve got to build up to that intensity. We try to approach almost every tune that way — to start “in the bag” but take it somewhere loud, or weird, or crazy, or to a different song entirely, etc. But you can’t be crazy/weird/loud all the time, or else it won’t have impact.

Super-fun setlist!
Whoomph There It Is - ha excellent choice.

Tight playing all round, good stuff

Back