Sonor Force 3003, 2006 vintage

Sprybert

I currently have a Ludwig Accent CS Custom Elite set in great shape and have had Ludwigs exclusively, but always wanted a set of Sonor's since I've heard many good things about them. I just purchased a Sonor Force 3003 dating back to 2006, 18"x22", 5.5"x14 snare, 10"x12", 11"x13" and 16"x16" floor tom. They are in near mint condition with black lacquer finish. Also included were one boom cymbal stand, one regular cymbal stand, the double tom holder for the bass, a decent Sonor chain drive pedal, and a Sonor Hi-Hat stand. These were apparently purchased by a studio, set up, and never or rarely ever played. I'm not in a band, just an aging partially disabled drummer looking for something that sounds good enough to play an occasional gig. I plan on replacing the batter heads since they still have the ones that shipped when new. I would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, comments, etc.. The whole lot set me back $875
Thanks,
Sprybert, the handicapped drummer

Nice find. Enjoy your Sonors, very nice drums.
I think the sizes are actually 9 x 12, 10 x 13 for that year.

These will not disappoint. The 3003s were also the last run of Chinese Sonors with vertical grain.

opentune, they changed the depth of the toms (shallower) with the introduction of the 3007s. I swapped my 3005s for 3007s because I wanted the shorter toms. Becasue I'm short.

Thanks, I was afraid that I had just made a giant (more expensive) step sideways at best. The main reason I thought it was a good deal was the hardware, I would need that if I decide to keep both sets (Ludwig's, & the Sonor's). I'm not sure what the Ludwig Accent CS Elite's would go for. It's a very under-rated kit. Made well, nice hardware, sound great, no complaints. I just have always really like other folk's Sonor kits so I thought I'd get my feet wet, so to speak...........

Attachments

• kwxsyojqgyhmxci8qnvk.jpg
    kwxsyojqgyhmxci8qnvk.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 7
opentune, they changed the depth of the toms (shallower) with the introduction of the 3007s. I swapped my 3005s for 3007s because I wanted the shorter toms. Becasue I'm short.
gotcha, thanks. i have a 3007, thought toms were the same but guess not.

Back