Sonor Force 2000 bass drum mount issues

ProZak

Hey everyone

About a month ago I purchased a Sonor Force 2000, so far it is serving me well, it is a great little kit.

I am slowly(ish) building up all the stands and cymbals etc that I need/want. This is where I encounter my problem. I want to mount a cymbal using a boom arm from the bass drum so it will sit where the 2nd rack tom would normally sit. The problem is that after purchasing a pearl ch 1000 boom arm I realize that it in fact slightly too small to fit in the bass drum mount.

I have measured the bass drum mount and it appears to be about 22mm, which is just slightly off the standard 7/8 inch stand.

So finally I come to my question, is there a way to increase the diameter of the pearl stand to make it fit with out any rattling etc? I was thinking perhaps wrapping it with duct tape where the stand would enter the top of the bass drum. Any thoughts?

Hey everyone

About a month ago I purchased a Sonor Force 2000, so far it is serving me well, it is a great little kit.

I am slowly(ish) building up all the stands and cymbals etc that I need/want. This is where I encounter my problem. I want to mount a cymbal using a boom arm from the bass drum so it will sit where the 2nd rack tom would normally sit. The problem is that after purchasing a pearl ch 1000 boom arm I realize that it in fact slightly too small to fit in the bass drum mount.

I have measured the bass drum mount and it appears to be about 22mm, which is just slightly off the standard 7/8 inch stand.

So finally I come to my question, is there a way to increase the diameter of the pearl stand to make it fit with out any rattling etc? I was thinking perhaps wrapping it with duct tape where the stand would enter the top of the bass drum. Any thoughts?

That's a weird issue. I suppose it can't be designed for a 1" post, then. I guess your duct tape would be a good solution. Or you could get a clamp and mount the cymbal off of a right-side stand.

Yeah so far I have been using a gibraltar clamp attached to another stand http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=partsdetail&curcat=2&bnd=11&cid=105&sid=472&pid=2690 , but because its a heavier cymbal that I crash ride on I don't wanna take chances, y'know do it once do it right. Also I would like to use that stand else where.

I purchased a pearl BT-3 drum mount that I am going to try attaching to the bass drum. There will be extra holes on the bass drum because of this, but it is only cosmetic (I hope).

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Hey everyone

Sorry for a decade old reply. I had a Sonor force 2000 dumped on me for a little over $100.00. Didn’t have the bass mounted double Tom holder. Measured the bass mount like you and ordered Gibraltar gear. Well, didn’t fit. I love the sound of these drums, live playing them. I put a Tama mount on the bass( drilled, it was NOT the best choice of a 1” mount, but was available. It worked great till I decided I only want the 13 above the bass and hang it from a stand. Weird sizes and hard to find part, I call it 15/16”

Yeah so far I have been using a gibraltar clamp attached to another stand http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=partsdetail&curcat=2&bnd=11&cid=105&sid=472&pid=2690 , but because its a heavier cymbal that I crash ride on I don't wanna take chances, y'know do it once do it right. Also I would like to use that stand else where.

I purchased a pearl BT-3 drum mount that I am going to try attaching to the bass drum. There will be extra holes on the bass drum because of this, but it is only cosmetic (I hope).

Does anyone think this is a good idea?
Not a good idea in my opinion.
Right now you purchased a new bass drum mount just to adapt a mis-sized boom arm, and are still going to have to drill a big hole. I'd return both those.
Get the right size cymbal boom arm for your Sonor bass drum mount or use a separate stand for your ride cymbal, expecially if you are a heavy crash-rider.
To quote you: "do it once do it right".

Back