So proud of Yolanda :)

Andy

Honorary Member
Someone special, who I'm honoured to call my good friend (& occasional collaborator), has just landed the bassist gig on Sting's upcoming "My Songs" tour. She already has a super impressive career credit list, but think about it - someone with the global stature of Sting, himself a bass player, wants to select a bassist for his tour. He has the choice of literally any bassist in the world, but he chose Yolanda. That's something - really something!

LDS2014 Yolanda:me OPTIMISED.jpg

Wow tell Yolanda congratulations!!!!! The DW forum gang are so proud and in full support. I loved when she created the bass line for the Guru drum contest-that was a lot of fun-and kudos to Yolanda for taking the time to participate. Did Sting actively recruit her or did she try out for the spot and had to win his favor? Just curious how that works.

Yolanda, well deserved!

Wow tell Yolanda congratulations!!!!! The DW forum gang are so proud and in full support. I loved when she created the bass line for the Guru drum contest-that was a lot of fun-and kudos to Yolanda for taking the time to participate. Did Sting actively recruit her or did she try out for the spot and had to win his favor? Just curious how that works.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
What HE said!!!

Wow, that's what, one of the best gigs in the world, right? And Sting is a bass player! That's quite impressive right there.

Way to go Yolanda! This is exciting!

Andy's getting backstage passes to a Sting concert somewhere woo hoo!

Her reputation preceded her. With skills like hers, I wonder if she played bass in a previous lifetime...
You have a point :)

Wow, that's what, one of the best gigs in the world, right? And Sting is a bass player! That's quite impressive right there.

Way to go Yolanda! This is exciting!

Andy's getting backstage passes to a Sting concert somewhere woo hoo!
I'm told it's a totally sold out tour. I could likely get passes, but I wouldn't even ask = not a good basis for a friendship.

Blimey. Good for her! She's a lovely, lovely person and a World-class player. She deserves it.
Lovely lovely = indeed, and that carries you a long way in any business - more than people think. Of course, it kinda matters she's a phenomenal musician too!

I love good news. Hearing about success and people doing well makes me feel fantastic. Thanks, Andy!

So Larry. Is that who you named your drums after??

It is.

Andy ran it by her and she said it was OK.

First set I ever named.

No one but you guys know her name. My wife doesn't even know her name. No one in my actual life knows her name. I don't think my son even knows her name. I'll have to quiz him. If I told anyone, it would be him.

Yolanda as a drumset only lives here.

Last edited:
Very nice, a beautiful and talented woman. Wishing her well on the new gig!!

A very nice thread, Andy.

It doesn't surprise me she's been hand picked by Sting as that's totally her level. She's world class.

I've said this before on here but she was the first bassist who's playing I loved, as I spent hundreds of hours playing along to Paul Wellers 'Live Wood' album soon after starting the instrument. That was my first drumming album I loved and I loved her playing on that live album.

Great to see her in stella company in her professional endeavours, it's completely deserved.

Andy, the more I think about this perhaps the thread should have congratulated Sting on landing Yolanda as his bassist for the upcoming My Songs Tour. Just saying.

Back