Snare drum stand too big.

Rick H.

I just got a new snare today, it is 13x7 and i have the stand as low as it can go and the legs are as low as they can go also. But the snare is just too high for me to play on. It is an average Pearl stand and i just cant get it to adjust comfortably. I am just coming off of your average 14x5 snare, but i was just wondering if its just me or has anyone else ever encountered this same problem, and if so what did you do? I am thinking about bringing a welder into all of this to make things right. Is there any other options?

Oh wow. Sick! Thanks a lot man i have been searching the web for something like this for a little while now. Oh cool. this is great. Im gonna probably buy one of these and sell my current one. Thanks a lot man.
I guess this thread is done now. lol

np. just checked pearl's site, looks like it goes 9cm (3-4") lower than the normal version of the stand. now i just wish I woulda thought ahead and got one of these :(

I have has this problem too because I like a low snare. Usually, the problem is that the basket tube sticks too far down out the bottom of the tripod tube.

If you are good at modifying things, I would suggest you consider using a hacksaw to shorten the basket tube. But I don't know how your stand is set up, or if that would help.

Yeah, well after showing it to my dad for his advice (hes a machinist) me and him did a little brainstorming and realized that the actual stand can come apart from the legs just by using an alan key. So i took it apart, got out the hacksaw and chopped off about 3 inches of it. Now I got the snare right back to where it used to be.

...and to think i was about to bring a welder into this

I know about the Pearl 1000D but I am wondering if anyone can point to any other less expensive snare stands that allow one to place a deeper snare lower. Does Gibraltar make one?

Last edited:
the actual stand can come apart from the legs just by using an alan key.

PEARL stands are easy to modify for that reason, they use set screws w/ALLEN heads. Consequently if your PEARL cymbal stands tilters are loose, look for the set screw(s) and tighten them up.

Most drum companies use a lock pin, not a set screw.

Back