Snare bag/case that fits concert snare?

Mighty_Joker

Silver Member
I have a Pearl Philharmonic PHA 14 x 6.5 snare. I also have a Mono 14" snare bag that takes 6.5" deep snares, but that's a damn lie, not because of the depth but because of the diameter. Apparently to Mono, 14" means exactly 14", snare strainers and hoop plates be damned.

So, are there are high-quality snare cases or bags that will take a 14x6.5 snare that actually understands that 14" snares have an inch or two of hardware on the side of the shell?

I'd rather not get a Hardcase, not so impressed with my current one.

C.M. Jones

I have a Pearl Philharmonic PHA 14 x 6.5 snare. I also have a Mono 14" snare bag that takes 6.5" deep snares, but that's a damn lie, not because of the depth but because of the diameter. Apparently to Mono, 14" means exactly 14", snare strainers and hoop plates be damned.

So, are there are high-quality snare cases or bags that will take a 14x6.5 snare that actually understands that 14" snares have an inch or two of hardware on the side of the shell?

I'd rather not get a Hardcase, not so impressed with my current one.
You might send a note to AHEAD and ask if their Armor Cases meet your criteria. They're generously proportioned. I'd say they're the best all-around cases I've ever used, and they aren't hard cases.

Below is AHEAD's contact page:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Haven't heard of Mono, but I'm guessing they're brand new to the bag/case business.

Established and experienced bag makers will ask if the drums are new, or vintage, so they can allow for the bulkier/slimmer hardware as dictated by the gear (bass drums in particular.)

Mighty_Joker

Silver Member
Haven't heard of Mono, but I'm guessing they're brand new to the bag/case business.

Established and experienced bag makers will ask if the drums are new, or vintage, so they can allow for the bulkier/slimmer hardware as dictated by the gear (bass drums in particular.)

Would you recommend anyone in particular?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Would you recommend anyone in particular?

I'm a Beato Bag endorser and have not had a poor fit with either vintage or new gear (I think they know the sweet spot for the best fit.) But I've also had good fit with the Ahead bags, and they're widely available.