Thanks, so the attraction of this for me then is:
1) virtually silent kick (when compared to my bass drum pedal whacking a rubber pad) to hook up to my TD9
2) can use with band to give extra sound options, like cowbell, clap, jingles etc, as can be played with sticks
1) the feel of it will be absolutely nothing like a pedal. Even the Roland KT9 looks like it will be better on this front (minus the beater of course)
2) the cost, these are not cheap at approx £200 UK
1. Virtually silent - use any beaterless as above.
2. Add another pad to your TD9 and put a cowbell sound on it!
2, £200? Get you 5 x KU100 (bought my last, boxed, for about £20 off the 'Bay) !.
I'll always suggest a TM-2 plus up to four pads if you want an extra noise maker thing over any SPD-ONE model. Cheaper and much more flexible.