Slowest shipping I've seen since pre-2K

bud7h4

Silver Member
I'm just bored and feel like complaining. Ordered a Zildjian crash on the 22nd; apparently some guy is hauling it to me on his back.
It shipped from WA on the 23. Tracking shows it going state to state, day by day (at least the guy's a fast runner.)
Finally reached Dumas, Texas on the 26th.
Then Mequite Texas on the 27th.
Then Hutchins Texas on the 28th.

Thank God I'm in North Florida and not ALL THE WAY at the bottom.

:giggle:

Last edited:
Don't know which carrier you're waiting on but USPS is bit of a mess.

Earlier this month a snare drum was returned to me from Virginia (1000 mi. away) the buyer generously paid for two day shipping at the Post Office.

I received it at my house on the tenth day.

Last edited:
I ordered an SKB case last year off of Reverb.

How long did it take to get to my house? 42 days.

It was literally a 6-hour drive away from my house.

It’s because in the US we are taking incompetence and stupidity to a whole new level. It’s called progress where we worked hard to change anything that works well and then work hard for improvement, efficiency and speed so now slower than pony express.

It’s because in the US we are taking incompetence and stupidity to a whole new level. It’s called progress where we worked hard to change anything that works well and then work hard for improvement, efficiency and speed so now slower than pony express.
Lol, we are currently working on "infrastructure".

Dang Ronzo reminds me of jingle thread-here's another one (dang sounds like munchkins singing). Huh I could set off the Ketchup-Catsup debate LOL.

Last edited:
any comment I'd make here would have to be political, so, nope.

On topic, I have recently used USPS and UPS with only one issue (damaged box, item was okay), and FedEx was fine except for just leaving a package that was signature required, but no delays and no other issues.

Last edited:
On topic, I have recently used USPS and UPS with only one issue (damaged box, item was okay), and FedEx was fine except for just leaving a package that was signature required, but no delays and no other issues.

I've actually found shipping to only be getting faster over the years. I think this is just a case of the seller probably choosing the cheapest, slowest option to save a few bucks. I mean technically it is on the move lol.

Last edited:
I feel like slow shipping only exists to create an incentive for more expensive options. I've had packages sit at my nearest distribution facility for several weekdays before going out for delivery. I always think to myself, if I had paid for expedited shipping, the package wouldn't have sat for three days.

Maybe I'm cynical, but I feel like I if they wanted to deliver your package faster, they could. But it's more about the $$$ than the customer satisfaction.

Lol that is nothing.

I was waiting for something that was send to me from the UK from Europe.

Usually this takes 3 days.

It took almost 2 months.

Amazon always wins as they have centers with stok everywhere. Which also makes they destroy a crazy lot of unused/returned items on a daily basis was leaked this week.

taking incompetence and stupidity to a whole new level.
That's a lot of extra words for " Louis DeJoy".
Send him a thank you note for actually doing his job, which was to screw up the USPS and make it slower.

Man - I'm here in Ontario, Canada. Some of my wait times have been insane. I ordered a book via Amazon from a warehouse in mid-May that is a 30-minute drive from me. Fedex has been puttering around for 6-weeks! Looking at the tracking, it appears the book has cut the distance in half as of this morning; yaaay progress! 🤷‍♂️

I've had vinyl records I ordered from England take over 2-months to arrive and some never got here.... That seems to be a Canada Post issue.

It feels like the wild west when I order stuff and certainly adds an element of excitement. I never know when - or if - I will get what I ordered!

EDIT: I just received said book 30-minutes ago! 🙏 either the big guy upstairs is looking out for me or the local fedex guy is an active forum member!

Last edited:
Back