Show us that one cymbal you just couldn’t live without

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Well, now it's this one. I just got it recently, but it's the best 20" jazz ride I've ever owned. True traditional sound and usable in 90% of situations I play in, handles exactly the way I want it to.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well, now it's this one. I just got it recently, but it's the best 20" jazz ride I've ever owned. True traditional sound and usable in 90% of situations I play in, handles exactly the way I want it to.

Wow I've never heard of Cymbal and Gong before. Hand made cymbals and look reasonably priced. Thanks for posting that Todd.

Wow I've never heard of Cymbal and Gong before. Hand made cymbals and look reasonably priced. Thanks for posting that Todd.
You might want to go back to pages 1 and 2 then. :) The selfish and snobbish part of me wants them to remain a secret but I sincerely hope that they become huge. They strike a great balance between sounding very special and very normal / what a cymbal should sound like.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Thanks Seafroggy I think I remember that in initial part of thread-well at least now you remind me. LOL. My Dad told me when I was kid it's only a secret if only you know. LOL. Thanks fellas for letting the secret out.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
You might want to go back to pages 1 and 2 then. :) The selfish and snobbish part of me wants them to remain a secret but I sincerely hope that they become huge. They strike a great balance between sounding very special and very normal / what a cymbal should sound like.
I expect they will continue dealing in limited quantities, unless some fairy godmother takes an interest and capitalizes them for a few million $. I'm helping them get set up for distribution in Europe, but that's on hold now, obviously. I'm just loving playing them, and getting them to people. Even if the company never breaks in a big way, and eventually folds, I feel confident the cymbals will be collector's items.

Darth Vater

There's so many good cymbal lines out there now that I could replace anything I currently use and be happy with them as long as they were of a quality line. I'm currently using a 20,18,16 and 14" Sabian HHX Evolutions. I just sold a cymbal that I had owned since 1972. I guess I'm not the sentimental type.