Show off your TAMA !

cbphoto

Gold Member
Tama SLP Super Aluminum snare drum (LAL145), modified with die cast rims, Fat Cat snare wires and Evans Genera batter head. Now it's crackin'.

Tama SLP Super Aluminum 1200px.jpg

Athensdrums

Hey all !

Here's a recent snap playing a swing gig at a biker festival . I know, strange mix ..

Tama SLP fat spruce kit , 20,12,14 with a 70's acrolite snare .
Cymbals are Murat Diril mosaic .
How do you like the spruce kit? I might be able to get a deal on one; would like to hear the opinion of someone who actually owns one. Thanks.

HolisticDrums

How do you like the spruce kit? I might be able to get a deal on one; would like to hear the opinion of someone who actually owns one. Thanks.
I sold it a while back ! I live in Barcelona right now and it's not the most efficient thing having a bass drum larger than 18" for city gigs .
It's a fantastic kit , low , punchy, records very well. I hated the stock Evans heads , some remo ambassadors would sound lovely . I sold it at a loss because no one really knows this line so it's got a bad resale value .

I bought a sonor aq2 for half the price of the Tama and couldn't be happier . Not good if you're hanging out rock gigs all month but they're great for a wide range of styles .