Show Off Your DW Kit

baz

Silver Member

white marine pearl 24x16, 16x16, 13x9, 14x6 edge snare, 20" Manhattan 16" HH thin crash, 17" HHXtreme, 14" HH dark hats.

That's a cool kit!

The other kits (in the thread) shown have been sweet too, but this one really caught my eye....even though I play Ludwig...:p
Your other kits are cool as well btw....

Your drum room looks like mine haha!
Shelves of drums, gear, pedals, heads, sticks......Ah, paradise!
...Thank you, and I have to commend you on your taste.

These are "my" drums, the other kits are kind of like foster children. I have them now, but they will one day find a new home were they will be loved and taken care of in a way that I am not able to.

Regarding my drum room, I call it the shrine, my wife calls it the Man room.... I think I like the term Paradise.

Barry

Skitch

Pioneer Member
...Thank you, and I have to commend you on your taste.

These are "my" drums, the other kits are kind of like foster children. I have them now, but they will one day find a new home were they will be loved and taken care of in a way that I am not able to.

Regarding my drum room, I call it the shrine, my wife calls it the Man room.... I think I like the term Paradise.

Barry

Heh, heh....all you need is a couple of Hooters' girls and you're set!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw

jwdrums

Here's my short stack kit. I just orderd another DW kit last week in gold glass...will keep y'all posted on that. JW

jwdrums

Its like drum heaven,

How do you like the sound of the short stacks?

The short stacks sound huge for their size. I would put them up to deeper drums any day. Check out the sounds on my bands website, see links in signature. The 20x20" kick does get a little thin sounding in the wrong playing situation/rooms but I have it loaded with the AKG D112 and running into a 15" macki sub so that solves that.

swiNg

The short stacks sound huge for their size. I would put them up to deeper drums any day. Check out the sounds on my bands website, see links in signature. The 20x20" kick does get a little thin sounding in the wrong playing situation/rooms but I have it loaded with the AKG D112 and running into a 15" macki sub so that solves that.
Beautiful kit jwdrums, i have just purchased my first shortstack and i love the sound, its sings forever!

I also use a akg D112, but with maymikingsystem, very handy.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
Maybe someone will post some pics of the DW booth?

I moved to Texas so I don't get to go to the winter NAMM any more.

The Summer NAMM here is OK but it is not even close to Anaheim :-(

stasz

Platinum Member
The new lugs are kind of cool. Look a lot to me like Gretsch's new classic lugs. I am one of many who dislike their original lug design so this peaks my interest. Check out that mega glitter finish that Macmarkus posted too.

EDIT: Gutenberg: I just saw your post. DW puts their "DW logo" stock heads on the PDP kits, too, so that is definitely a Pacific kit. Maybe a new series?

wad

whats that kit called??

BoxcarDrummer182

The new lugs are kind of cool. Look a lot to me like Gretsch's new classic lugs. I am one of many who dislike their original lug design so this peaks my interest. Check out that mega glitter finish that Macmarkus posted too.

EDIT: Gutenberg: I just saw your post. DW puts their "DW logo" stock heads on the PDP kits, too, so that is definitely a Pacific kit. Maybe a new series?
i think they are. a lot of there new stuff seems to be leaning towards the custom end of things. they're putting out a boat load of new 805 finishes. i got my eye on the black with neon green hardware. it looks like a really classy set. like above lxe. i can't wait.

maybe dogbreath or bernhard could get us some pics from our friends at pdp? thanks.