Seeking best price on Custom Drumsticks in Bulk

Jeff Rich sounds like he would be your guy on this.

Another Jeff too, sweet. Lol, thanks vyacheslav. And please keep the recommendations coming in folks, much appreciated!

Last edited:
You should also contact Frank Kincel at La Backbeat sticks. They are, by far, my favorite brand of sticks and are the best feeling and longest lasting sticks I have used. He sells his "Wonky" and blemished sticks for $2.50 a pair. He might be able to hook you up with a large lot for cheap, if you're not too fussy about everything being perfect.

Honestly, his "Wonky" sticks (that do not meet his quality control standards) are nearly the same as a first quality stick from other brands. That's how high his quality benchmark is! They might be slightly warped (but still perfectly useable). Most of them are 100% straight. I have used many of his "Wonky" sticks and they all feel great and last! You will not be disappointed by La Backbeat!

You should also contact Frank Kincel at La Backbeat sticks. They are, by far, my favorite brand of sticks and are the best feeling and longest lasting sticks I have used. He sells his "Wonky" and blemished sticks for $2.50 a pair. He might be able to hook you up with a large lot for cheap, if you're not too fussy about everything being perfect.

Honestly, his "Wonky" sticks (that do not meet his quality control standards) are nearly the same as a first quality stick from other brands. That's how high his quality benchmark is! They might be slightly warped (but still perfectly useable). Most of them are 100% straight. I have used many of his "Wonky" sticks and they all feel great and last! You will not be disappointed by La Backbeat!

I have known Frank for years because he used to work at Scott's Drum Center. La Backbeat sticks last longer than any other wooden sticks I have used. I have been playing drums for over fifty years and have played almost every stick out there. Peace and goodwill.

I contacted them to see if they offered nylon tips.
While wood keeps the cost down, once a tip splits or loses a chunk, the whole stick is shot.
I'll report back on what they say.

I have known Frank for years because he used to work at Scott's Drum Center. La Backbeat sticks last longer than any other wooden sticks I have used. I have been playing drums for over fifty years and have played almost every stick out there. Peace and goodwill.

I just received a few pair of La Backbeat sticks that I ordered based on your recommendations, and so far I'm really impressed with them. I can't comment on durability yet but they feel and play great! Thanks!

I just received a few pair of La Backbeat sticks that I ordered based on your recommendations, and so far I'm really impressed with them. I can't comment on durability yet but they feel and play great! Thanks!
Which grade and size did you buy? Trying decide if I should buy some player grade pairs or take a chance on wonky. I do like that he offers the player grade ones not matched; I mix all mine anyway and that is perfect for me. Seems like the 565 is the closest to a typical 5A.

I got four pair, all 595x. Pro, Player, and two wonky pair, all with different tips.

My two wonky pair have some dark streaks in the woodgrain, and the lacquer isn't quite as smooth. Both pair are straight and don't otherwise play any different from the Pro and Player grade sticks. I like the feel of the Pro grade sticks the best...they remind me a lot of how Vater sticks feel.

Wow, thank you folks for the info. My main goal is too find a custom stick that is as close to not-wonky as possible. I plan too not only use this stick and possibly endorse the co, but also sell pairs to fans at my band's shows. Thus, quality over quantity is what I am seeking. Though I really dig following everyone's leads and reviews. Im still however awaiting a reply from Jeff Rich (great Jeff's think alike). Jeff Rich seems pretty close to what Im looking for. I also tried other companies, but found that with the current price of lumbar and overall lack of order fulfillment flexibility is somewhat disenchanting. Im still on the lookout. Anyone here have experience regarding Vater custom logos on the highly accessible 5A Wood Tip via your local neighborhood Guitar Cen rep?

Respectfully,
Jeff Tripoli

Back