Roland TD-17KV-S thoughts

sillypilot

Hi all - For those of you who have experience with this kit, any reason not to buy it or something you really dislike? Don't worry about why I want this kit vs. another or what I'm using it for. Just want fellow drummers with different (or similar who knows) tastes and needs to share their opinion if willing.

Thank you!!

Seeing as you asked - No MIDI IN and a proprietary cable snake. So it's a no from me. (and hot-spotting bouncy pads, only 2-zone snare...)

(this will wind up some TD-lovers ;) )

ps. Just bought another Rolandy edrummy thing for my birthday, so not anti-Roly!

It would depend on what you are wanting to do with the kit. I bought one for practice and I really like it. Only thing I had an issue with was that I'm left-handed and when setting it up in the left-handed config, the module has a weird way of mounting and it didn't work out well. I had to mount the module on the left side of the kit and buy extension cables to make everything reach. As far as playing it, I really like it.

It would depend on what you are wanting to do with the kit. I bought one for practice and I really like it. Only thing I had an issue with was that I'm left-handed and when setting it up in the left-handed config, the module has a weird way of mounting and it didn't work out well. I had to mount the module on the left side of the kit and buy extension cables to make everything reach. As far as playing it, I really like it.
I'm left handed too, so this will be interesting. I used to have a TD-25 a while back and was able to flip it all around and get it to work, but it was annoying as it came all built for a righty.

I'm left handed too, so this will be interesting. I used to have a TD-25 a while back and was able to flip it all around and get it to work, but it was annoying as it came all built for a righty.

the mount for the module is off to the right side on the back and so it is not possible to mount it on the right side of the stand and be able to see it. A definite design fail!

Back