Roland RT30 Drum Trigger Compatibility (Hybrid Drum Building)

gilgameshers

Hello, I'm thinking of making a hybrid drum kit for lower volume playing because I live in a apartment. I'm going to use the Roland RT30 Drum triggers because these are the only good drum triggers I can find in my country. I'm gonna buy a used drum kit. I'm going to use yamaha electronic cymbals, remo silentstroke mesh heads, and a DTX module because I already have one (DTX400 module).
My question is, will the RT30 work with the DTX400 module or any other DTX module, is it compatible?

Generally... Yes, anything will work (given some module tweaking) :)
(can't you find Yamaha ones, of interest?)

I'd also look to flip the 400 for, say, a 2nd user 502 for more inputs (12) and more flex in setting up parameters.

I'd also look to flip the 400 for, say, a 2nd user 502 for more inputs (12) and more flex in setting up parameters.
Thanks for the information! however I did try to look for the yamaha ones but I was unable to find any.

Plenty of Yamaha dealers in Indonesia (a lot of Yamaha stuff is made there!)

Plenty of Yamaha dealers in Indonesia (a lot of Yamaha stuff is made there!)

I tried checking that website but I don't really understand how to purchase products there. I myself don't really understand Indonesian language cause I was previously living in another country since I was born. I also can't find the dt50s on the other shopping websites such as shopee and others

I tried checking that website but I don't really understand how to purchase products there. I myself don't really understand Indonesian language cause I was previously living in another country since I was born. I also can't find the dt50s on the other shopping websites such as shopee and others

What country do you live in? Profile says Indonesia. That's why I showed that site. Using Google translate I found the dealer search link.
https://id.yamaha.com/id/find/dealers/ - put in your city....
(You can't buy direct from Yamaha, or Roland etc)

As much as I love Yamaha, I do prefer the Roland triggers becauze of the cone.

It has a pyramid form for less muting of the shell, whereas Yamaha uses a bigger flat round cone that mutes too much for my taste.
OP is using mesh heads - really won't make any difference ;)

if I use the dtx module, will there be any required equipment I have to buy to make it work?

Back