Robots

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Well , of course, my scientific curiosity got the better f me and I tried it to see if I could go back in time to assassinate our violent ancestors so now we all be peaceful and less aggressive like Bonobos. Needless to say I couldn’t do it- the Catch 22 of having to violently kill them all.

But I did manage to go back pre- written history to destroy any evidence , to be found by future archaeologist, of all ghe advanced civilizations greater than our own that has deceased. A Herculean feat Which I could have never accomplished without the help of “the Grey’s” and their zap ray in their spaceship.

I think my month off from drumming is taking a toll on me-I got them set up and played a couple times quietly waiting to see if neighbors protest, and wife been working at home. But woohoo she’s leaving to see a kid bad off, it’s middle of day, time to go drum to save what little sanity I got left. I bet when I return I’ll be back to normal with no paragraphs etc. just streaming anddreaming - a great name for my book I think.
Boy, I sure am glad you quit all those mind altering substances, brother.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Boy, I sure am glad you quit all those mind altering substances, brother.
Me too Doc but fortunately I had enough, in storage, to give to my professors to trick them into my degree ROFL. All this space-time stuff reminds of this young physicist faculty member at one institution I taught. I had already had a run in with him because he was constantly late for his own class (I consider that robbing the school) which carried over into my class. I came down and took my students out yelling at him (I guess I wasn't very professional but he wasn't a professional come to find out). Then come fo find out he was teaching, in the classroom, his ideological/personal beliefs in a young earth. OMG I went ballistic, I went off on him then complained to chair, dean, everybody which prompted another round of anger-management classes for me. I was like WTF? My chairman was a friend from grad school who took teaching route rather than research-so had about 15 years in. He agreed with me but said I needed to learn to be more diplomatic. Man that was frustrating-and the physicist is now a department chair (You can't see my eyes rolling). I'm maybe crazy and act the fool but damn I'm not that ignorant.

wraub

Yamaha Rider

Disclaimer: I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIS METHODS
However Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) was right. Technology will be the downfall of humankind.

On a lighter note....Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley wrote a fabulous book called "Frankenstein". If you've not read it I highly recommend you do. It is not about a monster. It is truly a sad story of a person who was different and mankind rejected him because of his difference.
Well that is my literary advice this go round. Later folks.
I thought it was a drumkit that was different - and rejected by everyone except hipsters.

Yamaha Rider

Forget about whether humans are the smartest beings in the universe. Just take a look at our dogs (if you have any). If we're so smart...
A. Why do I have to feed my dog? Shouldn't she be taking care of me?
B. My dog lays around the house all day. My wife will walk over and give the dog some pettin'. If I lay around the house all day...she yells at me.

It seems to me that dogs have it all figured out.
Spoken like a human who's clearly never been owned by a cat.

Yamaha Rider

Forget about whether humans are the smartest beings in the universe. Just take a look at our dogs (if you have any). If we're so smart...
A. Why do I have to feed my dog? Shouldn't she be taking care of me?
B. My dog lays around the house all day. My wife will walk over and give the dog some pettin'. If I lay around the house all day...she yells at me.

It seems to me that dogs have it all figured out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-233948.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-233948.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 10

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
It's amazing both dog and cats evolved the ability to domesticate humans to be their slaves. They even tricked us in thinking we actually domesticated them and they serve us. ROFL.

someguy01

Way off topic, but I'll get this in before the lock. CNN is reporting that a case of bubonic plague has been confirmed in China:

We've had outbreaks of plague in the prairie dog population here in CO. Never a threat to humans, but they did take the time to warn pet owners, especially dog owners.