Dino Danelli RIP

It is not that uncommon to go without a funeral anymore. I do hope somebody has his old Ludwig drum kit.
He had several. There were Ludwig sets in Silver and Champagne Sparkle, as well as one in Burgundy Sparkle. There was also a plain white set, a silver sparkle Ludwig set with a black band running through each drum, and as far as I know, the last 60's set was the Yosemite Sam kit that Dino gave to a down and out drummer friend. Eddie Brigati has one of Dino's Ludwig sets. I'm hoping to meet with Eddie after the holidays.

I own a set of '67 Burgundy Sparkle Ludwigs at least partially because I saw Dino playing them.

When The Rascals did their reunion shows in 2012-13, Dino used a five piece set of Ludwig Vistalites. Prior to that, he mostly played Tama and Pearl sets.

Last edited:
He was a dynamo, and easily the best musician in the band.
He was the best musician in that band, with Felix a close second. Dino was so dynamic, and I can't overstate the effect he had on me as a teenage drummer. I couldn't take my eyes off him. When I saw Dino with The Rascals in 2012 on Broadway, I was saddened to see and hear how much he had slowed down, and how badly he had lost his mojo. But, we all age and slow down, so it's hard to watch, but inevitable.

Back